Miss the H2O in AZ

wtetro

Jan 6, 2013
Aridzona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dang, creeks are dry and I don't have a drywasher. It might be about time to invest in one, especially if this year's monsoon plays out like last year. Anyone on here drywashing yet, I might have to pick ya'lls brains since I've never done it. I need to dig and am close to buying paydirt, no cure to the withdrawl. I'm counting days now til the wet season returns, hoping it's violent and liquid hell on them creeks and washes

Upvote 0

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Sure wish I could send you a few million gallons from THIS area!!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dang, creeks are dry and I don't have a drywasher. It might be about time to invest in one, especially if this year's monsoon plays out like last year. Anyone on here drywashing yet, I might have to pick ya'lls brains since I've never done it. I need to dig and am close to buying paydirt, no cure to the withdrawl. I'm counting days now til the wet season returns, hoping it's violent and liquid hell on them creeks and washes

Join a club that has a drywasher you can borrow so you can try it out. And please use a dust mask!!

OP
OP
wtetro

wtetro

Jan 6, 2013
Aridzona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Valley fever, had it...I'm all about the mask. Mopp4!

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got a keene blower I ran across at the thriftstore on Indian school. Need the more important part though.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah.... The lack of water in this state has been the bane of miners for years! Pretty much if you want to do wet processing you've got to have some sort of re-circ system. They're not hard to set up and get working, but moving them to and from the field along with all the needed water is a MAJOR PITA! I've quit hauling mine out for prospecting and now use the drywasher for testing new areas.

One of the guys in our club makes puffer/bellows units that are great. Combination, hand cranked and/or 12V models. If interested in one of them let me know and I'll get you his info.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread