austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Find a bar and have a cool one, pick up a woman so I wouldn't have to camp out, find a sporting goods store to get the scoop on what and where I needed to go and check the train schedule so after I found my few flakes, I could adios home, after a couple more cool ones, of course...

OP
OP
L

littlesquirrrel

Greenie
Jul 10, 2016
Detector(s) used
Fisher F22 and Groundefx Cyclone
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not a bad idea

G-bone

Dec 9, 2014
Ventura Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro w/ NEL coil.
Minelab Xterra 705,
Bazooka Snipers (24" and 30").
Royal Folding Sluice with Gold hog mats.
Thompson 12V Puffer Drywasher.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW - I wish I was young again and did something like this.
Throwing it all in the air and seeing what fate might bring and where it'll take you.
I hope I stay physically fit as I get into my later 50's, cuz as soon as the kids are out of the house and I am retired, I may still try doing this same thing.

Good luck and maybe start a journal that we can follow.

G

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Grab a good bag-o-weed and get to gold country! :skullflag:

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buy a horse, the diggen's are to far to walk to from the train station, unless you don't mind a three day walk lugging all that gear.

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd hitchhike to Alaska. If I had to do it over again, I would have disappeared into the Alaskan bush. And stay out of the bars.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Be noticed when getting a grubstake together , unfortunately.
Then head for pre-determined site(s).
Either check in with local authority as to when I'd be returning to checkout ( if I were squeaky clean) or have some one somewhere know where I was headed and when I should be checking in with them next.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't Goldwasher have a Prospecting store opening in Auburn? That would be the first place to get yourself dialed in. That's also Reed Luken's stomping grounds.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
First of all I sure as hell wouldn't be stopping in californica...........

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good gold in aburn state rec area just right out of town. Hitch a ride or hike down 49 to the north/middle fork and it's open to prospecting and with lots of UN claimed land to play on. Otherwise most of the accessible rivers are claimed unless you hike deep into the canyons. Google auburn state rec area for a map of the area.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
If you got off Amtrak in Auburn CA to go gold panning, have $400 cash in your pocket and a backpack full of camping gear, what would be the first few things you would do.
I "WISH" I could go back in time and find out!! Had a couple folks recommend I go looking for gold back in the mid-90's. I just scoffed (silently), thinking they were nuts. There "couldn't" be gold out there anymore, I thought. If there was, more people would be out there doing it. I mean, the entire California Gold Rush was barely a footnote in my large Texas school education. Gotta trust my education, right? ----- crickets chirping ----- Yes, I truly do with I could go back in time and have that chance again. Might well have failed miserably, but at least I wouldn't have had any regrets from not trying.

57chevy

Oct 4, 2014
The West
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000 D Looking to find enough to replace it.
Replaced it with a Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you go east and south a little to the north fork of the American River, there is a large tract of private land. There was a club that used the place. Good fishing and better dredging. One member came up with and 6.5 ounce nugget one year. Some judge, probably operating under agenda 21, put so many restrictions on the place that the club was closed down. I told the owner that since he held an alloldial title to the place, his grandfather won it in a poker game, he didn't have to listen to the judge. He didn't listen to me. So now the place is just full of fishermen that think that gold miners ruin the environment. If there was one place I would go to stay for the rest of my life, it would be there. First we would have to run all the fascists and libtards out of California though.

OP
OP
L

littlesquirrrel

Greenie
Jul 10, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you're talkin more down south by Folsom lake?

OP
OP
L

littlesquirrrel

Greenie
Jul 10, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hiked 5 days in to Bohemia Mountain didn't find anything but I was mainly using a detector...took me a while to get back out of those hills.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't Goldwasher have a Prospecting store opening in Auburn? That would be the first place to get yourself dialed in. That's also Reed Luken's stomping grounds.

Not Auburn. Lotus right next to Coloma. I'm already open Wed. to Sunday 8 to 6 by appointment the other days. I have to have time for garden and yard work, my own exploration work and the guided trips I'm doing. My shop is fifteen minutes to open BLM areas.

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you're talkin more down south by Folsom lake?

It sounds like hes referring to Horseshoe Bar on the middle fork American, now a private trout fishing resort.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
first of all Austin is correct, you need a woman to cook for you and also to decoy any predators ( but make sure she has money too)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions