Thoughts on using hand operated sand-sucker in NH White Mountains?

JT2

Aug 9, 2006
Concord MA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would consider a dredge a hand tool.But the word hand tool is very vage. But i think the law says small hand tools. Best to call and ask. Every time I look at the white mountain prospecting laws they change. If your out of the white mountains you should be good to go. There are some places not in the white mountains Natl Forest. That you can prospect beside the road. If its not privite land.But only the road half of the river. Also you can pay to prospect on the twin rivers campgound area. They own about a mile of the river. But again only the road half of the river. Best of luck.

OP
OP
J

JT2

Aug 9, 2006
Concord MA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi triple_d!

I was considering the WMNF area as any area outside that park would have to be private property, right? Or is there some town land along the river that you know of? Unfortunately it is not easy to get any property information on the river as Bath NH does not use GIS maps, so I have no idea about how to get property information there.

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The state owns some of the land if its fairly close to the road. Its a gray area but I see a lot of people prospecting in these areas. They may have gotten permission but I don"t think so. The way I take the white mountain rules now. Its a small scoop and a gold pan. Thats it. Im going to check again. They seem to change every time I look.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread