Work in progress

HobbyHuntress

Jun 3, 2016
North Metro Atlanta area, Georgia
Detector(s) used
None yet!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just have to add a bit of glitter. Yes boys, I am glittering up the boys' club! Ha! No, I am not some crazy feminist trying to make some kind of a statement...lol I just like gold, glitter, and wandering through creeks and muck. Christmas season has already started for me. I have a lot of work to do between now and Thanksgiving.

This is the gold panning Christmas ornament I'm working on. Bought the 4" pan from Cabela's on Friday, drilled a hole near the edge and loaded it up with "nuggets"

ornament.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
HobbyHuntress

HobbyHuntress

Jun 3, 2016
Detector(s) used
None yet!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
:censored:, already taken!

Woman with tools and knows how to use them = Marry!:love10:

Haha! You got that right! My husband is not allowed to touch my tools. If you don't know how to use 'em, paws off! I'm also a better shot than him... I think that whole "damsel in distress" thing does not fit my personality. I'd be the one saving his tail!!

No lie - he held up the angle grinder (minus the blade) and asked if it was the hammer drill. Then I said "are you sure you are your father's son??" My FIL is a contractor... I do it all here, concrete work, trim, partially remodeled my bathroom myself (stopped b/c I don't like the travertine in there - too dark), and I used to own my own custom furniture business. I don't do roofing... no thank you. I'd rather have a pro up there.

OP
OP
HobbyHuntress

HobbyHuntress

Jun 3, 2016
Detector(s) used
None yet!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Your onto something good there HH, Last Christmas I searched all over the web and many stores in CA gold country and couldn't find anything like this and was shocked that no one makes anything like this, someone could make some $ selling these im sure!. My daughter overheard me me talking about it and took it upon herself to make me one for Christmas and it was the best gift I got!

She even used some of her real gold she panned out on one of our trips out together, what a sweetheart!

View attachment 1355841

That's lovely!!! I can't believe she used real gold! Wow! She is a sweetheart! It looks like she used Sculpey clay (great stuff!)

Last edited:
OP
OP
HobbyHuntress

HobbyHuntress

Jun 3, 2016
Detector(s) used
None yet!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
For anyone that's interested in doing this themselves, I used a 50/50 mix of outdoor gold acrylic paint from Walmart (patio paint) and Martha Stewart (from Michael's) gold acrylic paint on the nuggets. If you buy a mini pan kit from Cabelas, you get a 4" mini pan, a few little pickers, and a glass vial for $12. Not a bad deal. I've spent MUCH more than that on a Christmas ornament before. Fishing line or a paperclip (even spool wire for soldering) works great as a hanger, but I used kitchen string tied off and looped thru.

Now if I could only make a highbanker or a sluice ornament...

Christmas is my thing! I also give gift ideas for the wife at no charge! lol

Au dave

Aug 5, 2015
Eastern Victoria
Detector(s) used
Home made drop riffle, 'zook' mini prospector, 'zook' sniper
Primary Interest:
Other
No, sir, you are a lunatic for not wanting one for your tree ;)

I grew up with a male cousins and I was a boxing trainer for a bunch of boys and "adult" men. I made men cry on a daily basis. You don't phase me one bit. lol My skin is thicker than most - heck, even my close friends ask my husband "you know you married a boy, right?" even though I am all female - always have been, always will be. I just have a lot of non-girly hobbies. My woodshop puts home depot to shame. I own more tools than every man I know combined, and I can use them, and no, they are not pink, but my miter saw table is!
Good onya HH my wife is the same...can use anything in the workshop and is not scared to grab the chainsaw and cut a load of wood - even splits it...puts alot of blokes I know to shame ..

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
HobbyHuntress,

My wife tends to be a Jill of all trades....she does decorative painting and teaches also as well as repairs of all sorts.

She's got a kick on doing colored pencil drawings these days....here's one of her latest efforts.

Regards + HH

Bill

HobbyHuntress,

You go girl you sound like my wife...lol....

Regards + HH

Bill

Attachments

• DSC00848.JPG
    DSC00848.JPG
    282.7 KB · Views: 105

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
I do it all here, concrete work, trim, partially remodeled my bathroom myself (stopped b/c I don't like the travertine in there - too dark), and I used to own my own custom furniture business.
I like this girl...

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just have to add a bit of glitter. Yes boys, I am glittering up the boys' club! Ha! No, I am not some crazy feminist trying to make some kind of a statement...lol I just like gold, glitter, and wandering through creeks and muck. Christmas season has already started for me. I have a lot of work to do between now and Thanksgiving.

This is the gold panning Christmas ornament I'm working on. Bought the 4" pan from Cabela's on Friday, drilled a hole near the edge and loaded it up with "nuggets"

View attachment 1355259

That..... Is cool....:headbang:
Buy some Almond Roca. The gold foil can be twisted, bent , shaped to look just like gold nuggets/leaf.
It's been done here, somewhere....

Don't pay any attention to Jeff G.... We don't!:laughing7:

OP
OP
HobbyHuntress

HobbyHuntress

Jun 3, 2016
Detector(s) used
None yet!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
HobbyHuntress,

Now if I could figure how to post the picture right side up I'd be in business....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Try cropping it just a little. Sometimes that usually does the trick on vbulletin forums.

Any good hobby shop. Hobby lobby. Not sure about Micheals.

Some sheet for troughs, wire mesh for riffles and grizzly. Round rod for legs.

View attachment 1356898

Excellent! I have loads of mesh in different sizes. Destroyed some pasta strainers to make my "hobo highbanker". Didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. Really sucked actually.

That..... Is cool....:headbang:
Buy some Almond Roca. The gold foil can be twisted, bent , shaped to look just like gold nuggets/leaf.
It's been done here, somewhere....

Don't pay any attention to Jeff G.... We don't!:laughing7:

Thanks! That's sounds more sturdy than painting leaves or aluminum foil - I'll have to give that a shot

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread