New Gold Pan

GoldClaw

Oct 5, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, fellow Gold Panners.

Hopefully me posting about my personal project that has been several years in the making isn't stepping on any toes here. But I'd love to get the word out as well as some feedback of what people think of a pan I've designed and patented.

Like so many of you, I have been a gold panning hobbyist for many years. I just love the feeling of finding gold, all by my own hard work. As the years went by, I started to look for a way that would make gold panning faster and more efficient, so I decided to turn my hobby into the a project and invented my own personal Gold Pan with new technology and a patented design. These new designs include a pan that's completely see-through, which is a blast to watch in action! These gold pans are hardy and lightweight, aimed at hobbyists, families (including children), and newcomers alike!

This is a project now live on Kickstarter! You can view the project here!

If you would like to take a look and leave feedback, it'd be much appreciated.

Upvote 0

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I was digging in a spot that produced better than half a gram for like 50 hours of digging maybe I'd be ahead lol... Granted much of that time was when I was really new and was running a lot of overburden instead of better gravels. Pretty sure the spot I have access too right now was only profitable when they hydraulic mined the entire mountain and made the low-grade pay. The river was finally starting to get low enough after 5 years of drought where some better spots were opening up, but that's gone now lol.

New Nevada adventures in the future though!

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I spent more money this winter then probably my whole prospecting career but I'm sure I'll get it back and then some this spring... I love that we are having all this wet weather but I cant wait for the snow to melt so I can get into my claim.

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mining the miners was always the best hustle. I know I'm nealry 1g into all my toys for about $20 of gold lol! Can't wait to get back to the river though!

Oh man. For 1g you should have 1g in gold. That's close to double your take. :P

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man. For 1g you should have 1g in gold. That's close to double your take. :P

Haha... if I had more time to dig I'd have more gold. The issue is when I have to rationalize time = money and digging low grade doesn't pay that well. Not like I can dig every day for less take than my cost in gas. I really missed out on last summer. The fires really turned me off from going to to the river, and I know if I had taken some time to dig in the trench I would have had some nice pickers to show for it.

It's all good. The adventures continue, and I finance my toys by putting in extra time at work, and I can't pay for the feeling that being out in nature gives me by working more hours inside. I'm hoping by this spring and after the runoff the rain will open up something worth digging. Otherwise I'm going to have to call up my friends in Auburn and tell them I'm coming to visit!

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I went to the gold show today and saw these folks demonstrate their pan, they said the demo would astound me into buying one. They asked me what color gold pan I like and I told them blackened steel. It appears to be a functional pan, if it were average pan price i might have picked one up for the collection. The guy said he designed the pan because the avarage time it takes to work down a five gallon bucket of dirt with a more traditional pan was about an hour. I'm sorry thats way too much time to work down 5 gallons of bank run. He also told me that his pan operated more like a bazooka sluice than a pan on account of heavies displacing lights instead of stratification and washing, it looked a lot like stratification and washing to me. The deal with the clear pan is supposed to be about contrast and it isnt actually all that clear, instead of squinting looking for the gold against green blue or black the clear is supposed to be best, but only when its in the water...

The GPAA gold shows are true miner mines. I see all these folks with GPAA membership kit under one arm and a brand new AMP sluice under the other eating up everything everyone tells them. You cant find gold without this "thing".

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Yep newbees love new things (and lots of them) without really understanding what they are doing. I guess everyone gets the fever and jumps in , then eventually they have someone show them whats up! Ive fallen for that line also ! I think im over it for now...........My first bite was in 83 , I was ready to walk...NO , RUN out of work and quit my good paying job to become a gold prospector , or so I thought! At 70 years old Ive slowed down .............somewhat! Ive got lots of equipment and have run out of storage space and Im a 70 y.o. F.O.G. and I feel it!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The most I've spent on a pan was $20 at a recent GPAA gold show. It retails for $29.95 and was selling at the show for $25 but I was there the last day of the show and my $20 offer was accepted. I got caught up in the frenzy because I saw so many folks walking around the show with one in hand who purchased after watching the live demo.

I did not really need it because I do fine with a standard $5 pan.
But now I have a new gadget to play with when the weather breaks this spring.
I've lost count of how many pans this latest addition to my arsenal makes.
Guess I'm a sucker for gadgets if they are in my price range.
tongue3.gif

bpan1_1.jpg

Go for the gold
GG~

Last edited:

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Haha... if I had more time to dig I'd have more gold. The issue is when I have to rationalize time = money and digging low grade doesn't pay that well. Not like I can dig every day for less take than my cost in gas. I really missed out on last summer. The fires really turned me off from going to to the river, and I know if I had taken some time to dig in the trench I would have had some nice pickers to show for it.

It's all good. The adventures continue, and I finance my toys by putting in extra time at work, and I can't pay for the feeling that being out in nature gives me by working more hours inside. I'm hoping by this spring and after the runoff the rain will open up something worth digging. Otherwise I'm going to have to call up my friends in Auburn and tell them I'm coming to visit!

Goldfleks. You will have to be very careful about any visits to the Auburn and the surrounding areas, Two former East Fork TNET members came up for a mining vacation and decided immediately they had to move here. A third one gets here as often as possible and is enroute today for more mining action. A $15 pan and a sack lunch will get you color.

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wouldn't be the worst decision I could make in life ;) Mom, Dad, I'm moving to gold country to be a full time gold digger!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The most I've spent on a pan was $20 at a recent GPAA gold show. It retails for $29.95 and was selling at the show for $25 but I was there the last day of the show and my $20 offer was accepted. I got caught up in the frenzy because I saw so many folks walking around the show with one in hand who purchased after watching the live demo.

Guess I'm a sucker for gadgets if they are in my price range.
tongue3.gif

View attachment 1413602

Go for the gold
GG~

The Banjo Pan!
It does work well :)
Mine is green (free from the company) but I like my black prototype/test version better. I wonder why they don't make a black production version.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goldfleks. You will have to be very careful about any visits to the Auburn and the surrounding areas, Two former East Fork TNET members came up for a mining vacation and decided immediately they had to move here. A third one gets here as often as possible and is enroute today for more mining action. A $15 pan and a sack lunch will get you color.

Yea they stay regardless of how much fun we make of them and our purposeful lack of hospitality. We're gonna have to start doing something different!!

See, you guys at nine :occasion14:

AMP_kbell

Aug 5, 2015
Galt, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"...I see all these folks with GPAA membership kit under one arm and a brand new AMP sluice under the other"

Least they got the sluice right.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you missed his point...

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Guess I'm a sucker for gadgets if they are in my price range. :tongue3:
View attachment 1413602

Go for the gold
GG~

Makes two of us. I'm also a lover of gadgets in my price range. The turbopan is the most expensive I ever bought.
I did get a dedicated competition pan for birthday once, was like 40$!

I've used the competition pan less then a dozen times. Doesn't fit in the backpack.
Turbopan is used regularly, besides my batea it's my go-to pan.

The gold (claw) pan showed in this thread looks to tiny to even consider.

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Eu citzen where did you find your Batea? Ive always wanted one of those.

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the link! they have the flat pans as well. It appears their Batea is bigger and cheaper than the Canadian example. As I want a flat pan anyways I might have to make an order.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the link! they have the flat pans as well. It appears their Batea is bigger and cheaper than the Canadian example. As I want a flat pan anyways I might have to make an order.

Hahha, I think you'll end up scratching your head over the flat ones. They do feel very strange to use at first. :laughing7:
That said, they do work well.. Let us know how you do and what you think of them.

Their batea is top notch. Had it for well over 3 years now. Been my go-to pan for unexplored areas since I came over the learning threshold.

Just struck me...
As for the original pan in this thread, did anyone else notice that the exact same method can be applied to just about any normal gold pan?
(meaning the tilting & wiggling underwater) Works well for all the garret pans. Especially the super sluice is killer with its 2 big riffles.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread