Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: New Gold Pan

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Dec 2013
    Crockett, California
    Fisher 1212-x Fisher Gold Bug 2 Whites 4900/SP3 Rocker boxes, Keene sluices, Bazooka sluice, AMP sluice, 2.5" dredge, 4" dredge, highbankers Witch Sticks.
    49 times
    Prospecting
    I went to the gold show today and saw these folks demonstrate their pan, they said the demo would astound me into buying one. They asked me what color gold pan I like and I told them blackened steel. It appears to be a functional pan, if it were average pan price i might have picked one up for the collection. The guy said he designed the pan because the avarage time it takes to work down a five gallon bucket of dirt with a more traditional pan was about an hour. I'm sorry thats way too much time to work down 5 gallons of bank run. He also told me that his pan operated more like a bazooka sluice than a pan on account of heavies displacing lights instead of stratification and washing, it looked a lot like stratification and washing to me. The deal with the clear pan is supposed to be about contrast and it isnt actually all that clear, instead of squinting looking for the gold against green blue or black the clear is supposed to be best, but only when its in the water...

The GPAA gold shows are true miner mines. I see all these folks with GPAA membership kit under one arm and a brand new AMP sluice under the other eating up everything everyone tells them. You cant find gold without this "thing".
    KevinInColorado likes this.

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    3463 times
    Yep newbees love new things (and lots of them) without really understanding what they are doing. I guess everyone gets the fever and jumps in , then eventually they have someone show them whats up! Ive fallen for that line also ! I think im over it for now...........My first bite was in 83 , I was ready to walk...NO , RUN out of work and quit my good paying job to become a gold prospector , or so I thought! At 70 years old Ive slowed down .............somewhat! Ive got lots of equipment and have run out of storage space and Im a 70 y.o. F.O.G. and I feel it!

Charter Member
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Indiana
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Suction Dredges, Hand Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Gold Pans, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Shaker table etc
    3527 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    The most I've spent on a pan was $20 at a recent GPAA gold show. It retails for $29.95 and was selling at the show for $25 but I was there the last day of the show and my $20 offer was accepted. I got caught up in the frenzy because I saw so many folks walking around the show with one in hand who purchased after watching the live demo.

I did not really need it because I do fine with a standard $5 pan.
    But now I have a new gadget to play with when the weather breaks this spring.
    I've lost count of how many pans this latest addition to my arsenal makes.
    Guess I'm a sucker for gadgets if they are in my price range.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bpan1_1.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	142.4 KB 
ID:	1413602

Go for the gold
    GG~
    Last edited by Goodyguy; Feb 12, 2017 at 10:33 AM.

us
    Dec 2013
    N. California
    Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
    4064 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfleks View Post
    Haha... if I had more time to dig I'd have more gold. The issue is when I have to rationalize time = money and digging low grade doesn't pay that well. Not like I can dig every day for less take than my cost in gas. I really missed out on last summer. The fires really turned me off from going to to the river, and I know if I had taken some time to dig in the trench I would have had some nice pickers to show for it.

It's all good. The adventures continue, and I finance my toys by putting in extra time at work, and I can't pay for the feeling that being out in nature gives me by working more hours inside. I'm hoping by this spring and after the runoff the rain will open up something worth digging. Otherwise I'm going to have to call up my friends in Auburn and tell them I'm coming to visit!
    Goldfleks. You will have to be very careful about any visits to the Auburn and the surrounding areas, Two former East Fork TNET members came up for a mining vacation and decided immediately they had to move here. A third one gets here as often as possible and is enroute today for more mining action. A $15 pan and a sack lunch will get you color.

us
    Jan 2016
    California
    Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
    541 times
    Wouldn't be the worst decision I could make in life Mom, Dad, I'm moving to gold country to be a full time gold digger!

us
    www.FindingGOLDinColorado.com

Jan 2012
    Centennial, Colorado
    Bazooka Goldtrap Prospector, Bazooka Goldtrap Sniper, Bazooka Goldtrap SuperMini, Angus Mackirk Expedition, custom metal sluices, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump, bench top rod mill, Whippet drywasher
    7940 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodyguy View Post
    The most I've spent on a pan was $20 at a recent GPAA gold show. It retails for $29.95 and was selling at the show for $25 but I was there the last day of the show and my $20 offer was accepted. I got caught up in the frenzy because I saw so many folks walking around the show with one in hand who purchased after watching the live demo.

Go for the gold
    GG~
    The Banjo Pan!
    It does work well
    Mine is green (free from the company) but I like my black prototype/test version better. I wonder why they don't make a black production version.

us
    May 2009
    Garden Valley, ca.
    Gold Bug Pro
    7255 times
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenmojo View Post
    Goldfleks. You will have to be very careful about any visits to the Auburn and the surrounding areas, Two former East Fork TNET members came up for a mining vacation and decided immediately they had to move here. A third one gets here as often as possible and is enroute today for more mining action. A $15 pan and a sack lunch will get you color.
    Yea they stay regardless of how much fun we make of them and our purposeful lack of hospitality. We're gonna have to start doing something different!!

See, you guys at nine

us
    Aug 2015
    Galt, CA
    43 times
    Prospecting
    "...I see all these folks with GPAA membership kit under one arm and a brand new AMP sluice under the other"

Least they got the sluice right.
    N-Lionberger likes this.

us
    May 2009
    Garden Valley, ca.
    Gold Bug Pro
    7255 times
    I think you missed his point...

us
    www.FindingGOLDinColorado.com

Jan 2012
    Centennial, Colorado
    Bazooka Goldtrap Prospector, Bazooka Goldtrap Sniper, Bazooka Goldtrap SuperMini, Angus Mackirk Expedition, custom metal sluices, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump, bench top rod mill, Whippet drywasher
    7940 times
    Prospecting
    Ha ha ha!

se
    Sep 2006
    Sweden
    White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
    725 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodyguy View Post

Go for the gold
    GG~
    Makes two of us. I'm also a lover of gadgets in my price range. The turbopan is the most expensive I ever bought.
    I did get a dedicated competition pan for birthday once, was like 40$!

I've used the competition pan less then a dozen times. Doesn't fit in the backpack.
    Turbopan is used regularly, besides my batea it's my go-to pan.

The gold (claw) pan showed in this thread looks to tiny to even consider.
    N-Lionberger likes this.
    Geologists are gneiss, tuff, and a little wacke.

us
    Dec 2013
    Crockett, California
    Fisher 1212-x Fisher Gold Bug 2 Whites 4900/SP3 Rocker boxes, Keene sluices, Bazooka sluice, AMP sluice, 2.5" dredge, 4" dredge, highbankers Witch Sticks.
    49 times
    Prospecting
    Eu citzen where did you find your Batea? Ive always wanted one of those.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links