New Gold Pan

GoldClaw

Oct 5, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, fellow Gold Panners.

Hopefully me posting about my personal project that has been several years in the making isn't stepping on any toes here. But I'd love to get the word out as well as some feedback of what people think of a pan I've designed and patented.

Like so many of you, I have been a gold panning hobbyist for many years. I just love the feeling of finding gold, all by my own hard work. As the years went by, I started to look for a way that would make gold panning faster and more efficient, so I decided to turn my hobby into the a project and invented my own personal Gold Pan with new technology and a patented design. These new designs include a pan that's completely see-through, which is a blast to watch in action! These gold pans are hardy and lightweight, aimed at hobbyists, families (including children), and newcomers alike!

This is a project now live on Kickstarter! You can view the project here!

If you would like to take a look and leave feedback, it'd be much appreciated.

Upvote 0

HardHatMatt

Mar 15, 2016
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably sideways or the mods with the crowdfunding bit but thanks for the info. Maybe just reference yourself or the product and we can Google ya! Best of luck!

GoldWiz

Greenie
Aug 4, 2016
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I watched the videos and read the information. Sounds like a new way of doing things and would be helpful for younger folks. Hope you get your funding and the business going. I will need to ask the wife if I can order a new gold pan! I have just about all the variations that are out there so this one would be a good addition to the collection. In the meantime I think I will stick with my new best pan. Gook Luck!

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A unique design of an older concept. The ez gold pan* by Angus Mac Kirk (great pan) uses the same basic concept of lip/trap design (acute angle of the lip when in use and a broad radius). Ez pan or Gold Claw? They each seem to have at least one advantage over the other. Capacity....ez pan. Ease of use (partially relates to capacity)....gold claw.

Good luck in your venture.

*https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=ez gold pan

Last edited:

Seden

Jan 28, 2008
And before the EZ Gold Pan was the Cliff Pro Pan which Angus MacKirk improved on.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
For years Ive tried to buy / find the best pan only to always go back to the first pan I bought and got used to using it! Ive sold off all of the other pans and don't plan on buying anything different!

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every now and then someone comes along with a new and improved pan and that's good. I think the best pan ever invented is probably the first one ever invented -the batea

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all of the laws turning to hands and pans only, going back to steel makes the most sense because you can dig with it... You want $50.00 for that small piece of plastic? I'll just buy 5 Estwings... You're way over priced. You need to beat the Pioneer pan and its $9.00 price tag because it's the best pan out there.

gold panner 001.jpg Pioneer Minings Donation.jpg

Last edited:

GoldWiz

Greenie
Aug 4, 2016
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have the EZ pan also and really like it. Small, light and can really reduce fast with it. With all the pans I have I just got a Garrett Superslice two weeks ago. Beats anything I have use thus far. I can load it up with about twice the material than the EZ pan and reduce it just as fast. Not something most people would want to do because it is heavy when you load it up. Panning material down fast just depends on technique and confidence. It takes lots of panning and checking to build your confidence up to the point you know you are not losing gold. The Gold Claw looks to be a good pan for a beginner or the casual panners that does not get a chance to do it enough to build that confidence. I only pan at the creek, no sluice or highbanker, so the Superslice is for me to get the most of my time in the water.

juneaupanner

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You sound like at least two others on this forum promoting things. Not disrespecting but...

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your allowed to promote as long as you pay to support.

the Pioneer pan or pro lines are great I use a super sluice as well.

more than 15.00 bucks for a pan is going to inhibit sales. I wouldn't be able to sell people on it.

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You made it! Congratulations. Good luck in your venture. Your product seems overpriced but it won't be the first.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
at least if it doesn't work you can use it as a hat

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's like a quarter of my super sluice pan for four times as much money? I don't really get the concept. I can pan four times the material faster than in the video. Maybe there's a huge market for beginners that need 50 dollar tiny gold pans?

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it does blow my mind that anyone would spend that much on a pan

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, fellow Gold Panners.

Hopefully me posting about my personal project that has been several years in the making isn't stepping on any toes here. But I'd love to get the word out as well as some feedback of what people think of a pan I've designed and patented.

Like so many of you, I have been a gold panning hobbyist for many years. I just love the feeling of finding gold, all by my own hard work. As the years went by, I started to look for a way that would make gold panning faster and more efficient, so I decided to turn my hobby into the a project and invented my own personal Gold Pan with new technology and a patented design. These new designs include a pan that's completely see-through, which is a blast to watch in action! These gold pans are hardy and lightweight, aimed at hobbyists, families (including children), and newcomers alike!

This is a project now live on Kickstarter!

If you would like to take a look and leave feedback, it'd be much appreciated.

$49.95 for not even half a pan.........
No thanks

I dont take kindly to seeing "hobbyists, families (including children), and newcomers alike!" being gouged. >:(

GG~

Last edited:

Kenmitch

Oct 7, 2016
SoCal
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going with the looks interesting but over priced crowd. Nothing wrong with trying to make $'s in the end.

I'd tend to believe selling a whole lot more for less $'s would make a lot more $'s in the end.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread