Hey You! Get out of my car!

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's what the vacuum picked up out of the car.

IMG_2970.JPG

Upvote 0

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Vac seems to have good suction to be able to suck up a gold pan and a dime from the floor. What's that tiny little yellow thing at 10:00 from the dime? Keep Kleenex handy for that yellow stuff!

Ragnor

Dec 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to do pretty good vacuuming out the cracks in the floor of my motor home. I bet I could still pan some color out of there if I gave it the effort.

OP
OP
Capt Nemo

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I got to do'er again! Spilled about a scoopful of black sand in back. :BangHead:

Superior was having another hissy fit with 5' waves, and had to fill buckets and go home. Last spot I was mining was buried under 10' of sand, and a 3" slick became exposed at my old spot. Still some snow in the shadows, but the seasonal road is in good condition.

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Aaaaah, I do know that small glass vials w/ gold can break in the console of your car on a super hot day.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
And DONT EVER leave your gold pan out in your garage with 1 1/4 OZ. of fine gold in it over night thinking that you'll put it into a vile the next day BECAUSE it'll end up on the floor like mine did in a locked garage! Lesson learned the hard way!

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'll keep this thread alive....kinda fun and without bummer politics,
After an afternoon of dredging on one of those hot summer days in just shorts and tennis shoes I discovered a flake of gold that got locked up in the laces. Go figure. Will have to experiment with a half dozen old tennis shoes mounted in my dredge box.
Second kinda strange thing was that I had a friend on the Klamath that lived in a fairly drafty leaking cabin. On his shelf was a very small metal gold pan that had set there since his Mother left it there before her passing many, many years ago. Very noticeable in the bottom of the pan was a considerable amount of gold...."welded" into the built up rust from the pan. Blow on it, hold it upside down or tap the pan that gold ain't going anywhere.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'll keep this thread alive....kinda fun and without bummer politics,
After an afternoon of dredging on one of those hot summer days in just shorts and tennis shoes I discovered a flake of gold that got locked up in the laces. Go figure. Will have to experiment with a half dozen old tennis shoes mounted in my dredge box.
Second kinda strange thing was that I had a friend on the Klamath that lived in a fairly drafty leaking cabin. On his shelf was a very small metal gold pan that had set there since his Mother left it there before her passing many, many years ago. Very noticeable in the bottom of the pan was a considerable amount of gold...."welded" into the built up rust from the pan. Blow on it, hold it upside down or tap the pan that gold ain't going anywhere.

This rust story is why you can find gold locked up in the rust on old iron bits in the creek. It all settles together and gets locked up. One time I recovered some gold by dissolving the rust and panning what was released.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions