Need some of yerr expertise

bluveinthrobber

May 24, 2017
Sumter south carolina
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just want to introduce myself. The name is jake. Stumbled across this amazing trove of information anf HAD to join. Below is some of my results of my forst trip panning. I was in this old erroded creekbed/river bed approx 20 miles northwest of camden south carolina. First things first, not sure if im on the rigbt track where i was panning was right smack dab on a double bend of a small creek. Although not pictured, this stuff was absolutely loaded with black sand. Pictured here is what i believe to be pyrite and a crap load of small pieces of quartz. Also this may be the wrong sub category to ask but i found it while panning looking for gold, but what is that little gray pebble in the palm of my hand? Can anyone help me and atleast tell me to not quit my day job, or am i on to something. Thank you in advance for any help or thought given.

Attachments

• 1495640890683.jpg
    1495640890683.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 119
  • 1495640906966.jpg
    1495640906966.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 113
  • 1495640925460.jpg
    1495640925460.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 120
  • 1495640936540.jpg
    1495640936540.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 126
Upvote 0
OP
OP
bluveinthrobber

bluveinthrobber

May 24, 2017
Sumter south carolina
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can everyone else read this? I am not sure because when i click the tab for the discussion it doesnt show anything

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just want to introduce myself. The name is jake. Stumbled across this amazing trove of information anf HAD to join. Below is some of my results of my forst trip panning. I was in this old erroded creekbed/river bed approx 20 miles northwest of camden south carolina. First things first, not sure if im on the rigbt track where i was panning was right smack dab on a double bend of a small creek. Although not pictured, this stuff was absolutely loaded with black sand. Pictured here is what i believe to be pyrite and a crap load of small pieces of quartz. Also this may be the wrong sub category to ask but i found it while panning looking for gold, but what is that little gray pebble in the palm of my hand? Can anyone help me and atleast tell me to not quit my day job, or am i on to something. Thank you in advance for any help or thought given.

I assume that you think it may be a diamond. Looks more like smoky quartz to me.
Take to a gemologist to be certain. I always carry a diamond tester with me in the field to verify. You can buy a brand new one off E-bay for around $10-$15

diatest.jpg

GG~

Last edited:
OP
OP
bluveinthrobber

bluveinthrobber

May 24, 2017
Sumter south carolina
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately i knew i wasnt lucky enough to find a diamond haha. Seriously though i honestly wasnt surr what it was. Was hoping maybe sapphire as those happen to be around here. If only pyrite was valuable, cause I could have been a rich man! I appreciate you taking the time to respond grizz. I am going to try and get out tomorrow and find some goodies if the rain stops.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread