Prospecting near old chrome mining activity??

flippingrocks

Jul 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posed this in another area without any luck. Trying to find out if there would / could be any corelation between where some old chrome mining activity was and possible gold? I don't know a whole lot about the area as far as gold being found or anything but I do hear that there is gold in other areas of this county.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

bobw53

Oct 23, 2014
Hatch, New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no idea... But you need to do some research..

Here is a good place to start, its not the friendliest site, but there is a ton of info there.. find your mine/area and it will tell you what they were pulling out of the
ground..

https://mrdata.usgs.gov/mrds/

Google Google Google..... I find it amazing how much info is out there, I still find new and interesting stuff online about the area I'm
digging in.. "I didn't know that"...... Better hop in the truck and go check it out.

THEN, puts your boots on and go do some sampling. The old timers left us a lot of clues and a lot of information, BUT they didn't find it ALL....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread