Panning San Gabriel River East Fork

oidium45

Mar 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was my first real panning trip. There were a lot of very friendly helpful dudes up there. Everyone was eager to lend some advice, tell you some history of the place or invite you to their digging spot to join them. I got some fly poop. Need a sluice!
tmp_5162-20171008_0956222018769928.jpg

Upvote 0

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks good. Lots of people willing to help up there. We miners gotta stick together.

Pretty good for panning. Did you hike in or stay close to the road. I get up there occasionally. I'm usually close to CC bridge.

Let me know if you'd like to try a Bazooka style sluice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
oidium45

oidium45

Mar 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks good. Lots of people willing to help up there. We miners gotta stick together.

Pretty good for panning. Did you hike in or stay close to the road. I get up there occasionally. I'm usually close to CC bridge.

Let me know if you'd like to try a Bazooka style sluice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am currently in the market for a sluice. Money is sadly an issue. I have been considering building one in the mean time.
I camped in heaton flats. Was digging just past there in the wash about 100ft past the bridge to nowhere trail head in a community hole. Any idea if there is a place up there called "cow creek"? I cannot seem to find it on any maps.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was my first real panning trip. There were a lot of very friendly helpful dudes up there. Everyone was eager to lend some advice, tell you some history of the place or invite you to their digging spot to join them. I got some fly poop. Need a sluice!
View attachment 1502214

I definitely would not call that fly poop!

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If thats fly poop send them my way. They can take a dump in my pan anytime

OP
OP
oidium45

oidium45

Mar 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If thats fly poop send them my way. They can take a dump in my pan anytime

Haha. It isn't impressive. But you all know how exciting that very first glimpse of gold in the pan is! Going back in a week better armed. Should find quite a bit more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread