Roughing up a new pan?

jsulateskee

Dec 14, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Mojave & Bounty Hunter Quick Draw Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for sharing this guys. I'm one of those GREEN guys too. I bought a set of pans a few months ago and would have never thought to wash or rough them before I used them.

No problem! I'm new to prospecting and used a new pan without roughing it up as well. Live and learn - now I know better : )

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Steel or copper pans have different uses and can also be used for cooking, drying or cleaning your gold over a fire. Plus, they don't break. I use different pans for different situations, but a good steel pan has many uses in the woods, including digging in these hands and pans areas that are appearing all over California.
Good point, Reed. Tnx! ╦╦Ç

deepsees

Greenie
Jan 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey. Many years ago, I first saw how the drops of water do not stick to a new plastic golden saucepan, and I realized that it's bad, I was on a creek in the forest, and I did not have soap and a kitchen brush when I washed the second and then again and again, a lot of land and sand corrected it as necessary, and the water did not roll, and then I calmed down, everything worked well.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey. Many years ago, I first saw how the drops of water do not stick to a new plastic golden saucepan, and I realized that it's bad, I was on a creek in the forest, and I did not have soap and a kitchen brush when I washed the second and then again and again, a lot of land and sand corrected it as necessary, and the water did not roll, and then I calmed down, everything worked well.

Welcome aboard! Read lots here to learn lots. A little something for everyone. ╦╦Ç

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread