Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher F75 (for sale)
Fisher Gold Bug 2
White's TDI SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a newb, and may be gullible, but this caught my attention, and my order!

It's a long winded video, so if you want to see the nitty gritty, just jump ahead to about 23:00 and watch it in action.

I panned only one day in the Black Hills, and even though I got skunked, I loved it! I retire in a couple years and do plan to spend much time seeking gold, wherever I might find it. For me it's the journey not the destination, so getting skunked is ok too, but my practical side sees the huge efficiency of this device over a pan, and the compactness and price compared to sluices as well as setup and operation, well, I couldn't pass it up.

Hope you enjoy the video as much as I did!

Upvote 0

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So you didn't have time to run and clean out a few loads of concentrates to take home and pan or maybe mother nature was calling? Glad you proved your decision to buy one seems like it will be a productive one even if it turned out to be by accident or to prevent one.:laughing7: Let us know how future outings go.

Good luck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SteveJJ

SteveJJ

May 18, 2015
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher F75 (for sale)
Fisher Gold Bug 2
White's TDI SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you didn't have time to run and clean out a few loads of concentrates to take home and pan or maybe mother nature was calling? Glad you proved your decision to buy one seems like it will be a productive one even if it turned out to be by accident or to prevent one.:laughing7: Let us know how future outings go.

Good luck.

Yup, there wasn't any 'facilities' and too many folks around so had to leave. I also did not have boots or waders on so wasn't about to traipse through snow to get into frigid waters of the Mississippi. I brought it to the MN Gold Prospectors Club meeting for others to try if they wanted and a couple did.

I'll be shopping for waders and boots soon, there's still ice on the lakes so the beaches aren't much fun yet. This week ought to be the end of winter here though. Fingers crossed.

s2ndjetli

Apr 25, 2018
Summit County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I like the flowpan concept, im just in a location where spending that kinda money for recreational use isnt a priority. I think like everything else in the world its case specific.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions