Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While deer hunting I came across this mountain runoff creek.I didn't have any gold hunting equip with me .But I did have a camera.This creek is located (as the crow flies) about 1 mile from an old registered gold claim. Anyone See any rock formations or indications that might look promising for gold ?
2011_0216Mttohuntdeer4th0016.JPG 2011_0216Mttohuntdeer4th0017.JPG 2011_0216Mttohuntdeer4th0011.JPG some rocks in the creek. 2011_0216Mttohuntdeer4th0013.JPG
This creek is miles away from anyone/anything. I think very few if any people have been here because of difficulty getting there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
RTR

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool stuff anytime you happen upon an area that just gives you the feel that not many if any have been. No mortar in the wall doesnt mean anything. Tons of hand stack walls and foundations out here in Ca that are the same
The geology looks a bit off for gold but crush that quartz and i would for sure break out a metal detector

There are 2 registered gold claims 1.5 miles to the East of this location.Another one 2 miles due South.And another 5 miles South West. :)

RichieRich

Mar 25, 2013
Meridian Id
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE, AT Pro Gold, White's IDX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While deer hunting I came across this mountain runoff creek.I didn't have any gold hunting equip with me .But I did have a camera.This creek is located (as the crow flies) about 1 mile from an old registered gold claim. Anyone See any rock formations or indications that might look promising for gold ?
View attachment 1526710 View attachment 1526711 View attachment 1526713 some rocks in the creek. View attachment 1526714
This creek is miles away from anyone/anything. I think very few if any people have been here because of difficulty getting there.

You might want to try a metal detector to see if the quartz has any gold in it. Looking for larger pieces may indicate the quartz is worth crushing. I would relic hunt the heck out of the area including the stacked rocks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread