What is in a name?

cyperpc

Nov 18, 2012
Bucks County, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800;Fisher CZ-21; White Classic IDX Pro; White Classic SL
I was looking at the map for a place to Medal Dected along the Delaware River in Bucks County, PA and on the NJ side there is a creek called Gold Run. Could there be gold in it? Why would It be called Gold Run? I never panned for gold and if someone know how I would love to try it. I do have a panning kit just never learned how......

Upvote 0

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was looking at the map for a place to Medal Dected along the Delaware River in Bucks County, PA and on the NJ side there is a creek called Gold Run. Could there be gold in it? Why would It be called Gold Run? I never panned for gold and if someone know how I would love to try it. I do have a panning kit just never learned how......
Youtube has a lot of videos, dont over think it, its pretty easy once you undertand the way gold moves in a pan because it doesnt move much!. Put some small lead in a pan like a shotgun bb or a split shot sinker and practice in a tub if no creek or lake nearby. Once you master that you can try something more challenging. Ive found that a used staple can mimic a piece of "floaty" gold.

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
For some reason I'm not able to view the utube videos. This just recently happened! I cant get there from here............It must be over on Hollywood Blvd??:BangHead:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm works for me. I can click on youtube and it goes to the player there also.

I don't know what settings or driver affects that

s2ndjetli

Apr 25, 2018
Summit County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Im in the same boat but a state below ya. I have watched hundreds of shows and videos on this and finally bought a kit.( plan on getting a BIG sluice machine someday RFLAO...well maybe) One thing I learned is the basics are the same but how you go about it will be different than everyone else.. I used my girls WOK and lead shot at first to learn swirl .LOL... good luck.. just dont start panning your driveway like I did..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread