Large gold in California ??? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Large gold in California ???

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Look at the Historical Gold Mining photo albums on my page

Jan 2013
    Huntington, Or./ Stanton, AZ/ former Outlaw California Gold Dredger
    Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
    3795 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay Diggins View Post
    It's already been done to bedrock several times Reed. The North and Middle Forks are some of the most mined rivers in history.

Better yet would be to look for landslides and mass wasting that have happened since those dredges tore up the canyon. That's where the gold is coming from that you find in the rivers today. Look up for gold. That's where it comes from and that's where most of it still is.

Heavy Pans
    I know it's been done Clay but, ridding the world of ecofreaks was the point
    and there's still more than enough gold down there to pay for the ammo
    Last edited by Reed Lukens; Feb 03, 2018 at 11:10 PM.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10637 times
    Prospecting
    I figured you knew that Reed. Your family has been digging that river for more than 100 years.

Shooting greenies is a waste of good ammo in my opinion. That close to Sacramento and the Bay area you would run out of ammo long before you would make a dent in the population.

Heavy Pans

Charter Member
    us
    Look at the Historical Gold Mining photo albums on my page

Jan 2013
    Huntington, Or./ Stanton, AZ/ former Outlaw California Gold Dredger
    Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
    3795 times
    I never see any stories of the "Big Crevis" anymore on the Middle Fork. They never did hit the bottom there because of the huge triangular pie shaped rocks. That's where I was introduced to dredging back in 78, before the ASRA came in and gated everything off. I got pounds down there also!
    dredgernaut, russau and Hobbs. like this.

Feb 2018
    4 times
    What is the 'Big Crevis'? You got my attention.
    Hobbs. likes this.

us
    Mad Marshall

Nov 2012
    na
    1634 times
    Prospecting
    It crosses the middle fork American river at murderers bar... Google "big crevice middle fork American river" should be able to find out the history on it relatively easy on first page of results..

us
    Northern California

Aug 2007
    Southern California
    XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
    4561 times
    One just does what one needs to do to do the things they like to do, though it ain't for everybody.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	169_6957_r1.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	494.6 KB 
ID:	1562628
    Out searching w/GMT & friend under my arm

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2017
    Fontana, California
    NA
    678 times
    Prospecting
    How close are you to the Oroville spill way ? reports of gold nuggets being found below the spill way after it failed last year. You might google that info, good luck.
    Aufisher and Hobbs. like this.

us
    Dave

Oct 2018
    Coffeyville, KS
    Minelab XTerra 705 Fisher F44
    77 times
    Prospecting
    I think I worked that crevice in the very early 1970s...is it near Forest Hill? I was thinking a nearby feature was "Munford Bar"...but I'm old, and its been nearly 50 years. That summer had been very dry, and the river was VERY low, dry bedrock in some areas. Many potholes in the bedrock, and a wide crack going across the riverbed, about half dry, and the other half in only about 2-3 feet of water...
    Using a pan, and an old-school rocker, I pulled about 5 ounces out during a family campout weekend. A couple of pea-sized nuggets, a lot of sesame-seed size pickers...in pre-73 days, HAD to sell to a "licensed gold dealer"...I think I got around $175...a fortune to a 14-year-old, but I wish now I had defied Federal Law and "hoarded" it.
    Last edited by DaveVanP; Sep 06, 2019 at 05:50 PM.
    "A pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to put in his mouth." - e. e. cummings

Mar 2007
    9 times
    Reed, Where is the ASRA guard station on the Middle Fork of the American river? What part of this river did you take pounds out of? JOHN
    Hobbs. likes this.

us
    Jun 2013
    El Dorado County
    ROCKING GOLD GRABBER MINI- BGT PROSPECTOR- ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- MILLER TABLE, MULTIPLE SUCKER TUBES, VARIOUS HAND TOOLS, PANS AND CLASSIFERS, FORS GOLD PLUS, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER- DIY ROD MILL
    3237 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 49erjohn View Post
    Reed, Where is the ASRA guard station on the Middle Fork of the American river? What part of this river did you take pounds out of? JOHN
    at the confluence of Nf and Mf
    Hobbs. likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldDoozah View Post
    The fact that homo sapiens teach genetically engineered canines tricks, on the third planet of this particular star in the Milky Way, is extremely unlikely.

us
    Oct 2018
    Central Valley California
    196 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveVanP View Post
    I think I worked that crevice in the very early 1970s...is it near Forest Hill? I was thinking a nearby feature was "Munford Bar"...but I'm old, and its been nearly 50 years. That summer had been very dry, and the river was VERY low, dry bedrock in some areas. Many potholes in the bedrock, and a wide crack going across the riverbed, about half dry, and the other half in only about 2-3 feet of water...
    Using a pan, and an old-school rocker, I pulled about 5 ounces out during a family campout weekend. A couple of pea-sized nuggets, a lot of sesame-seed size pickers...in pre-73 days, HAD to sell to a "licensed gold dealer"...I think I got around $175...a fortune to a 14-year-old, but I wish now I had defied Federal Law and "hoarded" it.
    Hindsight's a *****, there's no real way of knowing the future without a time machine. I once had enough bitcoins in 2011 that would make me a millionaire today. Hell, we might be one day regretting selling our gold right now when prices are *just* $1500 an ounce.
    Hobbs. likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links