Large gold in California ???

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL! :laughing7:

That my friend, is well guarded information! :skullflag:

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To the HILLS!!!

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Larger than what? Rarest of the rare worldwide are large nuggets and like Terry said where they are found are well guarded secrets. Not only that but other than public areas they will probably not specifically tell you where at all they go to find gold. Searching in areas where gold has already been found usually yields decent results*. Welcome to Land Matters is a literal "gold mine of information" to show you the areas of promise (existing claims info). Find those and search nearby on legal land. That is what many of us do on a regular basis.

Good luck.

*"Decent results" is a relative term depending on realistic expectations....flour and "larger" color at the least and pickers or nuggets if you are lucky.

Last edited:

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree with the previous posters! I often checkout the youtube videos of the guys from California Relic Adventures for some cool videos on that subject!

RiskySelfie

Feb 2, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know there have been some big ones found in butte county, metal detecting.

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
16265696_10209235805186618_904514487036668401_n.jpg

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
75 troy oz

Last edited:

mattt

Apr 23, 2017
northern calif
Detector(s) used
Garrett at gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
the butte county nugget from a couple years ago.Sold in San Francisco for over 400,000 grand i think

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would start on the Middle Fork of the American River, right across from the ASRA guard station and work my way upstream with a Bucket line Dredge. You will need armed guards to kill the greenies and ASRA volunteers that want to stop you from mining, but it would be for the best to rid the world of those freaks anyway. I've found 5 ounce nuggets down there in the past and many pounds of gold.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would start on the Middle Fork of the American River, right across from the ASRA guard station and work my way upstream with a Bucket line Dredge. You will need armed guards to kill the greenies and ASRA volunteers that want to stop you from mining, but it would be for the best to rid the world of those freaks anyway. I've found 5 ounce nuggets down there in the past and many pounds of gold.

It's already been done to bedrock several times Reed. The North and Middle Forks are some of the most mined rivers in history.

Better yet would be to look for landslides and mass wasting that have happened since those dredges tore up the canyon. That's where the gold is coming from that you find in the rivers today. Look up for gold. That's where it comes from and that's where most of it still is. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's already been done to bedrock several times Reed. The North and Middle Forks are some of the most mined rivers in history.

Better yet would be to look for landslides and mass wasting that have happened since those dredges tore up the canyon. That's where the gold is coming from that you find in the rivers today. Look up for gold. That's where it comes from and that's where most of it still is. [emoji106]

Heavy Pans
Im always looking "up there" wondering. But the canyons are sooo steep. How does one get there with out rope climbing?

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Better yet would be to look for landslides and mass wasting that have happened since those dredges tore up the canyon. That's where the gold is coming from that you find in the rivers today. Look up for gold. That's where it comes from and that's where most of it still is. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

I know it's been done Clay but, ridding the world of ecofreaks was the point :evil6:
and there's still more than enough gold down there to pay for the ammo :evil6:

Last edited:

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I figured you knew that Reed. Your family has been digging that river for more than 100 years. :thumbsup:

Shooting greenies is a waste of good ammo in my opinion. That close to Sacramento and the Bay area you would run out of ammo long before you would make a dent in the population. :laughing7:

Heavy Pans

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never see any stories of the "Big Crevis" anymore on the Middle Fork. They never did hit the bottom there because of the huge triangular pie shaped rocks. That's where I was introduced to dredging back in 78, before the ASRA came in and gated everything off. I got pounds down there also!

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It crosses the middle fork American river at murderers bar... Google "big crevice middle fork American river" should be able to find out the history on it relatively easy on first page of results..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread