New GoldHof FlowPan and question

placertogo

Aug 25, 2010
Maine USA
New GoldHog FlowPan and question

Just received my new FlowPan and, as always, I am impressed by Doc’s inventiveness and quality of fabrication. This thing is not too heavy, but still built like a battleship. I have a question for Doc. I notice the FlowPan is equipped with a GoldHog Talon (tm) Mat. My HogPan came with a UR mat. Are these two mats specifically chosen for best recovery in each piece of equipment? I am wondering if Doc has done any experimentation with different mats in these two pans for different types of paydirt. Once again, congratulations to Doc for a job not just well done, but superbly done. Now I can’t wait for the ice jams to go out on our streams here in Maine!

Upvote 0

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got mine a couple days ago also. Smaller and lighter than it looks in the video. I think it'll work great for testing some claims I'm interested in next spring. I can hardly wait :notworthy:

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cross-flow effect is like sluicing to some extent, so a sluice mat is a better choice. UR is made for use under moss or riffles.

Need some warm weather here to test it with Lake Superior black sand concentrate. The buckets are frozen solid right now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread