Paydirt and the adventure with them.

OneStudPuppy

Jan 17, 2018
So-Cal
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Sdc 2300, gold monster 1000 gpx 6000.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well as I bought paydirt from 3 different sources I have to say itā€™s been interesting to say the least.

Seller/Brand #1 gold rush tv show dirt. 1 1/2 lbs total yield .5 gram. Nice and chunky

Seller #2 a ebay seller. 40 lbs came in about 39 lbs and a few oz.
this one was more interesting to me saw their product reviewed by someone who does independent reviews. They must have got the bonanza or whatever the ā€œone in threeā€ average is for bonus gold. Well figuring if itā€™s one in three 2 lb bags Iā€™d order a total of 40 lbs (including the bonus buy-so many get so many!) {figuring there is no way I shouldnā€™t see some ā€œbonanzaā€ extra gold}
I have to say as of now Iā€™ve processed about 7 of the 40 lbs. basically ended up with two 19.+lb bags. As of today I ran about 7 pans and a lb or two through the magic gold wheel. So far I would figure maybe be a color each pan, NOPE.. Iā€™ve found so little gold my
Thought Is never buy from them again. Very bummed

Brand 3 ordered 5+ lbs and this seller is on eBay as well. Wow! So far 5 table spoons and 4 to 5! Color per table spoon!! I have 15lbs more on the way now.

I guess I learned my lesson the hard way buy smaller batches first before buying a bigger batch.
The 150 first 40lbs still is killing me to know I have probably many more lbs of pitiful panning.

Feel free to chime in and tell you experiences!
Iā€™ve heard that sellers names are not ok to post.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Itā€™s all for entertainment and learning. Best gold value per dollar is to buy gold straight up.

OP
OP
OneStudPuppy

OneStudPuppy

Jan 17, 2018
So-Cal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Itā€™s all for entertainment and learning. Best gold value per dollar is to buy gold straight up.
1 small flake in about 7 lbs I guess does make one learn not to buy from again.
Wasnā€™t much entertainment, more buyers remorse. Looks like Iā€™m not only one whoā€™s getting short of much at all.
Feedback a couple days ago 10% or less.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
buy from Amazon sellers. resd the reviews they normally talk about the amounts

there are sellers that tell you your minimum per bag

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
i dont understand why poeple buy this stuff.just my some gold and mix it with your dirt.you will not have to pay for shipping on the dirt.and you will get alot more gold for your money.
brad

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"pay dirt
Ėˆpā ĖŒdərt/
nounNorth American
noun: paydirt

ground containing ore in sufficient quantity to be profitably extracted."

That's what the dictionary say's. I'd pretty much guess that most if not all of those "paydirt" bags have been processed/highgraded/calculated. Now don't take me wrong because we live in a "country for profit" but geez... ya otta get some kinda values out of what is described as gold bearing dirt. Anybody out there that wants to buy my black sands after I've processed it just send me a dollar and postage....HA! I just use it in potting soil mix. And I totally agree that the best way is to buy "pure, clean flake" and if you want to practice mix it yourself. There is a HIGH to discover gold in cons but also a bummer when you don't find squat. Gotta run for now....gotta go get a couple of lotto tickets.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I totally agree with Kevin on this! Buy your gold without the bag of gravels! It's cheaper that way ! and if you just need something to pan , add your own material!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's just not why people buy it.

A much as people who "prospect" want to rail against it.

As many times as you try to tell a person to buy gold and put it in dirt cause its "smarter" they won't.

Even if they are told that the gold is salted.

At the end of the day people who buy paydirt have no interest in putting gold in dirt and then panning it.

If people came in my store to pan and I told them ok you buy the gold first and then put it in the pan and then re pan it...they would look at me like I was crazy.

They want to pan.

They want to "work" for the gold.

I do warn against "unsearched" dirt as it isn't unsearched..usually means crappy dirt... buying by the pound is also not the way to go

If you pan in my store or buy dirt from me you are getting gold from our claims. with a guaranteed weight. That is not that much higher than spot.

Plus you get gem rough fossils, sharks teeth other fun stuff

see that word there "FUN"

Most sellers also ship using if it fits it ships boxes.

Twenty years ago I worked a panning concession in Denali park Ak. we actually sourced our dirt unsearched from a mine North of Fairbanks.

We filled bags from a pile below a 2" inch screen.

Gold was around 300 an ounce probably less most of the summer.

Heres how it worked. 1998 prices even.

Buy a bag $ 15

pan it.

See your gold ...want it

Ok you can buy it as spot..yes re read that!!

99% of the people would buy it. I dried it and weighed it gave them the price and they paid.

For twenty bucks more I would put it in a Bezel pendant with a chain. about half the people (wives) would do that.

They wanted to pan gold and they wanted to keep it. Person after person.

We had a display case full of nuggets vials of gold. pre made bezels etc sold slightly above spot.

We hardly sold any of it... Even though right in your face no shipping involved it would have been the " smarter" "wiser" "cheaper" better" buy.

Paydirt isn't going away people like it too much

Last edited:

PioneerPauly

Mar 28, 2010
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
Fisher Goldbug II
Primary Interest:
Other
I wish I had something to say about pay dirt but I just received my first one so we shall see how it goes!

OP
OP
OneStudPuppy

OneStudPuppy

Jan 17, 2018
So-Cal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i dont understand why poeple buy this stuff.just my some gold and mix it with your dirt.you will not have to pay for shipping on the dirt.and you will get alot more gold for your money.
brad
if I knew of a reliable place to get as one would pan naturally I may have considered it.
As of now I donā€™t plan on buying more as I have enough to teach the kids panning. Hope to make it to a claim soon then can bring home some after searching the 20 acers for good soil with gold. Iā€™ll be slusing too

buy from Amazon sellers. resd the reviews they normally talk about the amounts

there are sellers that tell you your minimum per bag
i looked at amazon but it seemed a lot more costly than eBay.

iam with you on this one,
brad

"pay dirt
Ėˆpā ĖŒdərt/
nounNorth American
noun: paydirt

ground containing ore in sufficient quantity to be profitably extracted."

That's what the dictionary say's. I'd pretty much guess that most if not all of those "paydirt" bags have been processed/highgraded/calculated. Now don't take me wrong because we live in a "country for profit" but geez... ya otta get some kinda values out of what is described as gold bearing dirt. Anybody out there that wants to buy my black sands after I've processed it just send me a dollar and postage....HA! I just use it in potting soil mix. And I totally agree that the best way is to buy "pure, clean flake" and if you want to practice mix it yourself. There is a HIGH to discover gold in cons but also a bummer when you don't find squat. Gotta run for now....gotta go get a couple of lotto tickets.

I totally agree with Kevin on this! Buy your gold without the bag of gravels! It's cheaper that way ! and if you just need something to pan , add your own material!

It's just not why people buy it.

A much as people who "prospect" want to rail against it.

As many times as you try to tell a person to buy gold and put it in dirt cause its "smarter" they won't.

Even if they are told that the gold is salted.

At the end of the day people who buy paydirt have no interest in putting gold in dirt and then panning it.

If people came in my store to pan and I told them ok you buy the gold first and then put it in the pan and then re pan it...they would look at me like I was crazy.

They want to pan.

They want to "work" for the gold.

I do warn against "unsearched" dirt as it isn't unsearched..usually means crappy dirt... buying by the pound is also not the way to go

If you pan in my store or buy dirt from me you are getting gold from our claims. with a guaranteed weight. That is not that much higher than spot.

Plus you get gem rough fossils, sharks teeth other fun stuff

see that word there "FUN"

Most sellers also ship using if it fits it ships boxes.

Twenty years ago I worked a panning concession in Denali park Ak. we actually sourced our dirt unsearched from a mine North of Fairbanks.

We filled bags from a pile below a 2" inch screen.

Gold was around 300 an ounce probably less most of the summer.

Heres how it worked. 1998 prices even.

Buy a bag $ 15

pan it.

See your gold ...want it

Ok you can buy it as spot..yes re read that!!

99% of the people would buy it. I dried it and weighed it gave them the price and they paid.

For twenty bucks more I would put it in a Bezel pendant with a chain. about half the people (wives) would do that.

They wanted to pan gold and they wanted to keep it. Person after person.

We had a display case full of nuggets vials of gold. pre made bezels etc sold slightly above spot.

We hardly sold any of it... Even though right in your face no shipping involved it would have been the " smarter" "wiser" "cheaper" better" buy.

Paydirt isn't going away people like it too much
i woulda probably went with the case options but still did the panning expirence.

I brought home almost 30 gallons of material from my claim to give me something to do this winter and it's just been sitting out in the snow....I'm so lame!
from your claim.. so you got not only a nice source but 30 gallons. Nice!!

I wish I had something to say about pay dirt but I just received my first one so we shall see how it goes!
itā€™s not a bad way to learn I think. Though my newest paydirt has so much small gold and flour gold I wish I had a small Miller table..

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You can pick up raw Alaskan gold on eBay for around $35 a gram sometimes if your patient. Otherwise it runs a little more but it's fine. You still end up with your gold either way and would make for good practice.

There are different sizes of gold you can buy so get what you need to practice with.
Any old dirt to mix it in is fine. It all pans out the same.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The amazon prices are higher because you get more gold.

I rake 100 gallons of material out of my way before I even start digging.

Once you start working (trying to ) work actual ground you will realize ho " rich " paydirt actually is.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread