Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am wanting to build a miller table have the pump and the water tubing but having a hard time locating where to purchase metal bare sluice I want to make one out of aluminum I know I could build one out of wood but don't want to have to worry about moister so thats why I want the aluminum do not have a break to bend sheet metal or know anyone that does can someone tell me where to purchase one of the folded boxes like Azviper used in his miller table build

thanks for reading

Upvote 0

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found many uses for and built lots of mining equipment with my 30 inch brake $54.95 at harbor freight and you can always get a 20 percent off coupon online..................

Has paid for itself many times over.

image_25963.jpg
Here is one of my miller tables I made using the brake............

miller 2.jpg

Go for the gold
GG~

Last edited:
OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have found many uses for and built lots of mining equipment with my 30 inch brake $54.95 at harbor freight and you can always get a 20 percent off coupon online..................

Has paid for itself many times over.

View attachment 1554876
Here is one of my miller tables I made using the brake............

View attachment 1554881

Go for the gold
GG~

thanks Goodyguy that looks like it will be the ticket for my project never thought about purchasing a small break fro harbor freight so thanks again

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’ve made one out of wood....... used it once. Stock up on the beer cause it’s time consuming to actually use especially if your not finding gold!

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I’ve made one out of wood....... used it once. Stock up on the beer cause it’s time consuming to actually use especially if your not finding gold!

thats why I am wanting to build a miller table I am finding some gold with a pan but everything I am finding is really small so small that the GM 1000 is not seeing it so I figured I would take the next logical step and start classifying dirt's down to different sizes and run them on a miller table as for time I have nothing but time I may as well do something with the free time I have i have been classifying dirt down to 3/8 and then dropping down in size I have 10-5 gallon buckets classified down to 30 mesh already and intend on classifying those down even further after I get the table built but I want to start out with the material that I have classified to 30 mesh first and see how that works on the miller table before classifying further.

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thats why I am wanting to build a miller table I am finding some gold with a pan but everything I am finding is really small so small that the GM 1000 is not seeing it so I figured I would take the next logical step and start classifying dirt's down to different sizes and run them on a miller table as for time I have nothing but time I may as well do something with the free time I have i have been classifying dirt down to 3/8 and then dropping down in size I have 10-5 gallon buckets classified down to 30 mesh already and intend on classifying those down even further after I get the table built but I want to start out with the material that I have classified to 30 mesh first and see how that works on the miller table before classifying further.

Using a teaspoon at a time, I found it very difficult to see the flour gold.i use 250 reading glasses to help me see. I classified it down very fine as-well.

jrib1

Jul 22, 2016
Ascutney, VT
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI2500 , Bounty Hunter, Keene dredge/hibanker, Keene sluice, Garrett. Pinpointed, rock crusher, miller table, gold miner spiral wheel,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hey oldkoot, I made small table out of wood, painted it with many coats of spray paint (chalk board paint} then bought small bag of concentrate from gold hog, it's easy to set up, then with dirt with gold in it, you experiment with tilt and water flow and watch how fine gold moves, I always had trouble with super fine material, but this made it easy and fun and not wondering if your material actually has gold. now I can test some local material and feel confident with what I'm doing

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Azviper's plans work very well.

I built two, one for my friend who had the break. Buying one from Harbor Freight, as Goodyguy suggested, is a great idea.

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
picked up the break from harbor freight,I am using one of the sides from an old gas stove I had sitting around bent it up with the break went pretty nice have the spray bar installed and picked up a cutting board at Walmart for the water box end first attempt at cutting it did not go so good so have to start over on that part luckily I purchased a big enough cutting board just in case of screw ups,picked up all the fittings for stand and water box taking my time on the build so I do not have to build twice LOL been there and done that making it 12 inches wide and 30 inches long using a 500 gallon per hour bilge pump I had sitting around not being used confiscated it from a hillbilly swamp cooler I had made but no longer use.

if anyone wants to know how to build a 12 volt hillbilly swamp cooler let me know and I will give you step by step instructions they work great when summer hits I built two of them for my cabin and found out I only needed one it drops the temps by about 25to 30 degrees

Mitch Dickson

Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Slate works the best. Lowes will sell you a piece 12 inches by 24 for about $3. LOL! they call it tile flooring LMAO! It is a bit heavy ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread