Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree30Likes
  • 13 Post By dash4cash
  • 4 Post By arizau
  • 1 Post By Mine Shaft
  • 1 Post By AllenJ
  • 2 Post By mendoAu
  • 1 Post By IMAUDIGGER
  • 1 Post By IMAUDIGGER
  • 1 Post By Capt Nemo
  • 1 Post By Smithsgold
  • 1 Post By Roccobull
  • 2 Post By arizau
  • 1 Post By Roccobull
  • 1 Post By arizau

Thread: First gold panned

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Apr 2018
    Saukville, WI
    Garrett Ace 300 Garrett AT max
    70 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

First gold panned

I enjoy panning paydirt, BUT, their is nothing like finding your own gold and this past weekend I did just that, I spent the holiday weekend in the northern part of WI and on my first pan I found gold, and the feeling of finding your own is kinda cool, cant wait to find more. Those of you who say it aint true unless their are pictures to prove it, I will be posting pics as soon as I buy a camera with much better zoom lol as the ONE piece of gold I found is very small, I am guessing 50 to 100 mesh, but it looks very nice under the microscope.

Carl
    1637, craig82, Capt Nemo and 10 others like this.

us
    May 2014
    AZ
    Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and /home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
    2480 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by dash4cash View Post
    I enjoy panning paydirt, BUT, their is nothing like finding your own gold and this past weekend I did just that, I spent the holiday weekend in the northern part of WI and on my first pan I found gold, and the feeling of finding your own is kinda cool, cant wait to find more. Those of you who say it aint true unless their are pictures to prove it, I will be posting pics as soon as I buy a camera with much better zoom lol as the ONE piece of gold I found is very small, I am guessing 50 to 100 mesh, but it looks very nice under the microscope.

Carl
    Oops, the gold bug just stung another one. Nothing like that first piece of wild gold. I got my first gold 50 years ago plus or minus a couple three months.
    Last edited by arizau; May 29, 2018 at 07:20 PM.
    If it can't be grown, it must be mined!

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2017
    Fontana, California
    NA
    220 times
    Prospecting
    Congrats Carl, i have yet to see a little speck in my pan, lost count how many pans but in time i am sure i will get bit lol.
    dash4cash likes this.

us
    Mar 2018
    Northern CA
    White's TDI SL, Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Pro Pointer
    57 times
    Prospecting
    Congrats Cash, it is an awesome feeling to find your first gold.
    dash4cash likes this.

us
    Apr 2014
    SW Oregon
    425 times
    Prospecting
    Like my buddy say's "NEVER FOUND A FLAKE I DIDN'T LIKE"...........it's kinda like raising nightcrawlers....with the proper gameplan they multiple.
    dash4cash and N-Lionberger like this.

Mar 2016
    1380 times

Carl
    Congrats, hereís to the day you will be tossing that speck back in the steam in disgust.
    It will happen trust me. Great hobby, especially if you find reward in something other than the value of the gold.
    dash4cash likes this.
    All treasures found with permission on private property or on active mining claims.

Mar 2016
    1380 times
    Mine_Shaft, If you have not found a speck, despite looking...you are most definitely looking in the wrong location.
    Do some research, plan a vacation..easiest place to find gold is where others have found it before.

A gold mine shaft isn’t a bad place to look
    Last edited by IMAUDIGGER; Jun 01, 2018 at 12:17 AM.
    Mine Shaft likes this.
    All treasures found with permission on private property or on active mining claims.

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2017
    Fontana, California
    NA
    220 times
    Prospecting
    Thank you IMAUDIGGER i will be going up to the sierras for a week this month last year i did not sluice much but i will this time.

us
    Apr 2015
    Oshkosh, WI
    1199 times
    In WI, you can average 1-5 specks per bucket over most of the state, so it's going to be rare that you're going to get skunked. Good job hitting one on your first pan!
    dash4cash likes this.

us
    Jeff

Oct 2005
    Northern California
    Whites
    67 times
    Congrats !!!!
    dash4cash likes this.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/Smithsgold

" Never waste a minute thinking about people you don't Like. "

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Jul 2018
    3 times

Carl
    I went gold panning in Alaska and although we didn't find anything super valuable it was a super fun experience finding gold flakes!! (Even though they are almost worthless lol)
    arizau likes this.

us
    May 2014
    AZ
    Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and /home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
    2480 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Roccobull View Post
    I went gold panning in Alaska and although we didn't find anything super valuable it was a super fun experience finding gold flakes!! (Even though they are almost worthless lol)
    For a small investment (buy a gold pan) you may be able to pan near where you live. Give us your general area and we can make suggestions. Makes for a fun diversion while picnicking if nothing else.

Welcome to tnet!
    Last edited by arizau; Jul 11, 2018 at 04:25 PM.
    KevinInColorado and Roccobull like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Rook

Nov 2013
    Mississippi
    XP Deus
    4559 times
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3bfe46033e530fba65f2ebbf963d853c.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	228.4 KB 
ID:	1610578

Can't wait.Congrats
    Words not spoken never have to be defended

Jul 2018
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by arizau View Post
    For a small investment (buy a gold pan) you may be able to pan near where you live. Give us your general area and we can make suggestions. Makes for a fun diversion while picnicking if nothing else.

Welcome to tnet!
    Actually not a bad idea! Any good recommendations in the NY/NJ area?
    arizau likes this.

us
    May 2014
    AZ
    2480 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Roccobull View Post
    Actually not a bad idea! Any good recommendations in the NY/NJ area?
    Not NY/NJ but maybe(?) not too far......check this thread out. MA/VT/NH Panning
    KevinInColorado likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links