dash4cash

Apr 9, 2018
Saukville, WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Garrett AT max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoy panning paydirt, BUT, their is nothing like finding your own gold and this past weekend I did just that, I spent the holiday weekend in the northern part of WI and on my first pan I found gold, and the feeling of finding your own is kinda cool, cant wait to find more. Those of you who say it aint true unless their are pictures to prove it, I will be posting pics as soon as I buy a camera with much better zoom lol as the ONE piece of gold I found is very small, I am guessing 50 to 100 mesh, but it looks very nice under the microscope.

Carl

Upvote 0

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I enjoy panning paydirt, BUT, their is nothing like finding your own gold and this past weekend I did just that, I spent the holiday weekend in the northern part of WI and on my first pan I found gold, and the feeling of finding your own is kinda cool, cant wait to find more. Those of you who say it aint true unless their are pictures to prove it, I will be posting pics as soon as I buy a camera with much better zoom lol as the ONE piece of gold I found is very small, I am guessing 50 to 100 mesh, but it looks very nice under the microscope.

Carl

Oops, the gold bug just stung another one.:laughing7: Nothing like that first piece of wild gold. I got my first gold 50 years ago plus or minus a couple three months.

Last edited:

Mine Shaft

Apr 11, 2017
Fontana, California
Detector(s) used
NA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congrats Carl, i have yet to see a little speck in my pan, lost count how many pans but in time i am sure i will get bit lol.

AllenJ

Mar 7, 2018
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Minelab GPX5000 & GM1000, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congrats Cash, it is an awesome feeling to find your first gold.

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Like my buddy say's "NEVER FOUND A FLAKE I DIDN'T LIKE"...........it's kinda like raising nightcrawlers....with the proper gameplan they multiple.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Carl
Congrats, here’s to the day you will be tossing that speck back in the steam in disgust.
It will happen trust me. Great hobby, especially if you find reward in something other than the value of the gold.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine_Shaft, If you have not found a speck, despite looking...you are most definitely looking in the wrong location.
Do some research, plan a vacation..easiest place to find gold is where others have found it before.

A gold mine shaft isn’t a bad place to look ;)

Last edited:

Mine Shaft

Apr 11, 2017
Fontana, California
Detector(s) used
NA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you IMAUDIGGER i will be going up to the sierras for a week this month last year i did not sluice much but i will this time.

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In WI, you can average 1-5 specks per bucket over most of the state, so it's going to be rare that you're going to get skunked. Good job hitting one on your first pan!

Roccobull

Tenderfoot
Jul 11, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Carl

I went gold panning in Alaska and although we didn't find anything super valuable it was a super fun experience finding gold flakes!! (Even though they are almost worthless lol)

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I went gold panning in Alaska and although we didn't find anything super valuable it was a super fun experience finding gold flakes!! (Even though they are almost worthless lol)

For a small investment (buy a gold pan) you may be able to pan near where you live.:thumbsup: Give us your general area and we can make suggestions. Makes for a fun diversion while picnicking if nothing else.

Welcome to tnet!

Last edited:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
3bfe46033e530fba65f2ebbf963d853c.jpg

Can't wait.Congrats :occasion14:

Roccobull

Tenderfoot
Jul 11, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For a small investment (buy a gold pan) you may be able to pan near where you live.:thumbsup: Give us your general area and we can make suggestions. Makes for a fun diversion while picnicking if nothing else.

Welcome to tnet!

Actually not a bad idea! Any good recommendations in the NY/NJ area?

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread