Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Terrabend gold panning machine

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Mar 2014
    NorCal
    Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
    1727 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Terrabend gold panning machine

Has anyone hear heard of or used one of these? Looks very interesting..

Here is a link to the company's website > https://terrabend.com/index

And a video of it in action, though seems kind of vague..

Come check out my California Mother lode Adventures!---->https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4U...aqFXriPUONmEtw

Charter Member
    us
    I want all the gold!

Jul 2018
    Spokane WA
    Home made sluice running a 10" Dream Mat.
    8 times
    Prospecting
    Interesting design. However it seems a little disingenuous to imply that all of that gold was just in a few shovels of dirt.
    Asmbandits likes this.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    Gold Bug Pro, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil,
    10392 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldrustystuff View Post
    Interesting design. However it seems a little disingenuous to imply that all of that gold was just in a few shovels of dirt.
    Maybe you need to dig in better spots..
    Asmbandits likes this.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    Gold Bug Pro, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil,
    10392 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    The price is ridiculous. Considering it isn't really that much of an improvement.

It may be "faster" than a pan. But, it won't out produce a stream sluice if your in a spot you can run one.

A bigger version as a mini- plant would be cool . I want to know what creates the oscillation I don't see how that is driven by the motor.
    Last edited by Goldwasher; Aug 10, 2018 at 09:16 AM.
    Asmbandits and russau like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2012
    Blackfoot, Idaho
    White's GMT, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO 'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
    2393 times
    Prospecting
    Pretty spendy. A person could buy 3 of my Sweep Jigs for the price of that, and no classifying needed. Not to mention the SJ is much lighter and more portable. It does look like it works well enough...at least on larger gold.
    Jim

Mar 2014
    NorCal
    Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
    1727 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho View Post
    Pretty spendy. A person could buy 3 of my Sweep Jigs for the price of that, and no classifying needed. Not to mention the SJ is much lighter and more portable. It does look like it works well enough...at least on larger gold.
    Jim
    What is the sweep jig you have Jim?
    Come check out my California Mother lode Adventures!---->https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4U...aqFXriPUONmEtw

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2012
    Blackfoot, Idaho
    White's GMT, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO 'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
    2393 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmbandits View Post
    What is the sweep jig you have Jim?
    You can see it here:

Charter Member
    us
    I want all the gold!

Jul 2018
    Spokane WA
    Home made sluice running a 10" Dream Mat.
    8 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwasher View Post
    Maybe you need to dig in better spots..
    Very likely.
    Goldwasher likes this.

us
    Aug 2010
    Maine USA
    236 times

To be honest with you, I would not be spending large amounts of money on motorized equipment to be used on the stream beds unless you are assured that you can continue to make use of it. Here in Maine, where prospectlng was largely unregulated, thanks to the efforts of Trout Unlimited, all use of motorized equipment has been banned on most of the better gold bearing streams in Maine. Kalifornia thought it couldn't happen there and we thought it couldn't here on the oppostite end of the country, but it did. Yes, you can still used motorized at home if you want to go to the trouble of digging raw paydirt and bringing it home. It will be just a matter of time before they ban that practice, too.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2012
    Blackfoot, Idaho
    2393 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by placertogo View Post
    To be honest with you, I would not be spending large amounts of money on motorized equipment to be used on the stream beds unless you are assured that you can continue to make use of it. Here in Maine, where prospectlng was largely unregulated, thanks to the efforts of Trout Unlimited, all use of motorized equipment has been banned on most of the better gold bearing streams in Maine. Kalifornia thought it couldn't happen there and we thought it couldn't here on the oppostite end of the country, but it did. Yes, you can still used motorized at home if you want to go to the trouble of digging raw paydirt and bringing it home. It will be just a matter of time before they ban that practice, too.
    One reason I designed my unit to work either wet, or dry is to get around that problem. There are usually dry gravel bars that can be worked without bothering the stream it self. Or bench deposits well above the present stream course.
    Jim
    johnedoe and arizau like this.

us
    Aug 2010
    Maine USA
    236 times

The problem in Maine is that the law applies to any area adjacent to a stream "below the normal high water mark." You could theoretically work ancient benches well beyond the present stream banks but would still be prohibited from using the water from the stream to work those benches even though your actual work was beyond the normal high water mark. You see, it is not simply an Anti-Dredging law but is totally anti-motorized including motorized pumps and winches. Your Sweep Jig would be fine if hand-powered. With an electric or gas operation, it would be prohibited.
    Last edited by placertogo; Aug 11, 2018 at 03:23 PM.

Charter Member
    us
    Mine President, XPBC

Dec 2013
    Arcata, California
    Fisher 1212-x Fisher Gold Bug 2 Whites 4900/SP3 Rocker boxes, Keene sluices, Bazooka sluice, 2.5", 4" lowbankers, highbankers. Witch Sticks.
    461 times
    Prospecting
    looks like a mini version of an old Denver Automatic pan.

us
    Jan 2012
    Oregon Coast
    White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
    1820 times
    Beach mining, Metal detecting, Trading.
    I think I will stick with this pan......

We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Thomas Jefferson

Which is also why we have the second
    amendment.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2012
    Blackfoot, Idaho
    2393 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by placertogo View Post
    The problem in Maine is that the law applies to any area adjacent to a stream "below the normal high water mark." You could theoretically work ancient benches well beyond the present stream banks but would still be prohibited from using the water from the stream to work those benches even though your actual work was beyond the normal high water mark. You see, it is not simply an Anti-Dredging law but is totally anti-motorized including motorized pumps and winches. Your Sweep Jig would be fine if hand-powered. With an electric or gas operation, it would be prohibited.
    Don't need to use water. Setup above the high water mark, assuming you can find old gravel deposits, and go to work.
    Jim

us
    Look at the Historical Gold Mining photo albums on my page

Jan 2013
    Huntington, Or./ Stanton, AZ/ former Outlaw California Gold Dredger
    Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
    3695 times
    A hand crank Sweep Jig sounds like a really good idea Jim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links