paydirt and panning for the physically impared - buying pay and getting random dirt

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Well not paydirt just a random bucket of dirt from a stream bed.

I am a disabled vet and my knees are so bad that I have trouble doing stairs and cannot get down on the ground and if I am on the ground I can't get up without assistance. I can no longer walk on uneven ground which hurts my photography and can no longer prospect.

My son is heading up to NH this weekend and he is going to bring me a bucket of stream bed dirt from Wildwood, it is mostly garnets. In a couple weeks he is heading up to northern NH by the Wild Ammonoosic and will bring a couple buckets from there.

I will set up a sluice and panning station in the backyard, even that is tough on the knees.

I also just bought some pay from Goldbay I realized it is salted but since there is no way I can go to NH, even a 2 hour drive is very tough I find a 60 minute drive about the best I can do without stopping, gawd it sucks to get old and decrepit. I will pan that and see what I can get and I get the fun of practice with real gold that I didn't put in there.
Knowing how much should be there lets me weight it and see if I got it all.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread