South Carolina panning question

Bjorn

Nov 19, 2018
Greenville, South Carolina
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I live in Greenville County, South Carolina and wanted to know if there is any clubs to get into in the upstate by chance or where I may go to find one? I've been searching but had no luck so far. I live near Tiger river and I have found some gold in some streams close to me but I get so bored by myself and want to find a group to pan with. I don't mind traveling an hour or so away from my location. Also, I just pan I don't dredge or anything of that nature. I just do it as a hobby and don't want to get over the top with it.

Thanks for you help in advance! :)

Upvote 0

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You probably have some metal detecting clubs in your area that look for civil war relics. Some of those members may also have an interest in looking for gold. Won't hurt to check to see if they know of anyone who has such an interest. Assuming you yourself are retired, or even not, you might also post a notice on a bulletin board at a local retirement community to see if anyone is interested in going out with you.

Good luck.

PS Building or buying and using an inexpensive small sluice will up your productivity...the more material you process the more gold you may find. You can probably scavenge from somewhere most of the material needed to build a simple one.

Last edited:

BigDaddyDave

Nov 13, 2018
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Patriot, Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Greenville County, South Carolina and wanted to know if there is any clubs to get into in the upstate by chance or where I may go to find one? I've been searching but had no luck so far. I live near Tiger river and I have found some gold in some streams close to me but I get so bored by myself and want to find a group to pan with. I don't mind traveling an hour or so away from my location. Also, I just pan I don't dredge or anything of that nature. I just do it as a hobby and don't want to get over the top with it.

Thanks for you help in advance! :)

Look up on Facebook- Metal Detecting and gold panning upstate south Carolina. See you there :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread