Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The gold pan. They manufacture metal ones, it was the norm years ago. Then came plastic pans. Lighter, rust proof...
Today we have pans.. that don't look like pans!
The Gold claw.
gold claw.jpg

The EZ pan. I hear this one works.
EZ pan.jpg

The Banjo pan.
banjo pan.jpg

The turbo pan.
turbo pan.jpg

The Gold grabber.
gold grabber.gif

The Le trap.
le trap.gif

The hex pan.
hex pan.gif

Piont is, I won a contest. Included was the new Garret Gravity sluice pan.. I like that pan!
But this one is like atta round.... An Offset, Acentric Design Delivers Improved Performance!
garret.jpg

So I have the big ass super sluice pan, now they made it f'in crooked! WTF?

Upvote 0

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In all their demonstrations they use very light sands and gravels with little black sand, it's not an accurate demonstration of the pan under real world conditions.

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used tons of pans, quite a collection at this point. I have experimented with a metal dog bowl with a sharp nearly 90 degree edge and it works freaking great. You can pan down to nearly only gold. I’m surprised there isn’t a commercial pan with a 90 degree edge. Everything has such a gradual slope.

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have used tons of pans, quite a collection at this point. I have experimented with a metal dog bowl with a sharp nearly 90 degree edge and it works freaking great. You can pan down to nearly only gold. I’m surprised there isn’t a commercial pan with a 90 degree edge. Everything has such a gradual slope.

I have had luck using one of those green plastic trays that goes under a planter pot. Wide base, steep sloped sides. I have been told they sell steep sided pans in Australia called loaming dishes, loaming is the process of locating a lode by grid sampling.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread