NW PA

Heliarc

Greenie
Apr 12, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
The gold in Oil Creek is small but its there if you know where to look

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1554687385.212343.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1554687401.709163.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1554687411.031334.jpg

Upvote 0

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's cool! Thanks for sharing.
I grew up in Erie County and I've always wondered if the glaciers dropped gold in places like Twelve-Mile and Sixteen-Mile Creek.
Please keep me (us) up to date as you pan more from the NW PA creeks!

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've looked in glacial creeks here in Cent. IL with no luck. I'm told it's here but it's flour gold and difficult to pan. Gary

OP
OP
Heliarc

Heliarc

Greenie
Apr 12, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
I classify everything and then pan it out of a tub with water and a little dish soap in it, slow, steady and allot of patients.

propeine

Jun 10, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's cool! Thanks for sharing.
I grew up in Erie County and I've always wondered if the glaciers dropped gold in places like Twelve-Mile and Sixteen-Mile Creek.
Please keep me (us) up to date as you pan more from the NW PA creeks!

I actually pan a few times a month over by Elk Creek just for fun. Its there but not in any real quantity of course. Usually it just gets put back into the stream because I forget to bring something to squirt the tiny flour gold into.
Still the kiddo thinks its fun and it keeps her away from "screen time" which is our only real goal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread