Dirt hog paydirt? Anybody heard of this?

Coolguy1357911

Tenderfoot
Jun 9, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve just recently gotten into the hobby and this is only my second post I’ve made. I’m on Long Island so my only option is paydirt. I just ordered a 3 pound bag from “dirthogpaydirt.com” and then I noticed, if you add one more g to hog it takes you to “dirthogg” whitch is a known supplier. Anybody heard of this other one? Is it good?

Ps can we have a paydirt category?

Upvote 0

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Google the GPEX gold prospecting forum. It is mostly a Canadian forum and so is Dirthogg. I recall seeing many good reviews in posts with some even finding enough gold value to equal or more what they paid for a bag.

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I ordered a bag from somebody in Canada 6 or 7 years ago just to practice panning. I've found nothing panning my streams. Got a little color but not enough to pay for the bag. They may have just seeded it with a little to ensure a return customer. I didn't. Still have the bag, so I should give it a go again.

OP
OP
C

Coolguy1357911

Tenderfoot
Jun 9, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I mean that I know of dirthogg but I ordered from “dirthog” with only 1 g

OP
OP
C

Coolguy1357911

Tenderfoot
Jun 9, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m asking if anybody ever heard of it or tried it

Relicgrubber

Silver Member
Nov 3, 2018
Deep East Texas
Detector(s) used
O.G. XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve heard of DirtHogg Paydirt, I’ve seen the dirthog website but haven’t tried it. I’m an avid paydirt fan, here is what I got from 3# of chickenminer paydirt last weekend.
9zBKDM3.jpg

Last edited:

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Coolguy, it looks like no one that has responded yet has heard of the dirt hog with one "g", myself included. I've ordered from the Canadian DirtHogg before, and even got one of their "bonus bags" about 4 years ago when I was first getting in to the hobby.

A quick review of the website for dirt hog (one "g") from Alaska seems to reveal...just another pay dirt company.
If you can spare the money, it would be fun to do an experiment comparing DirtHogg's $89 "Cariboo claim" 2 pound bag vs. Dirt Hog's $89.99 "NUGGET BAG PAYDIRT" 6 pounder.
Good luck!

From 4 years ago:
08ZQCie.jpg

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds easy enough, We have pretty unique material at our claim, lots of really rocky magnetics.

Bob207

Jul 4, 2014
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/AT Pro
Garrett AT Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive bought many 1 pound bags over the years. My fav paydirt seller. Last winter I bought 3-1 pound bags at same time (think with shipping it was $105). BEWARE....there is a fake dirthogg paydirt seller out there! Anyways I clasified and panned it all at once and this was my results HTH :)

+20
+20's.jpg

-20+40
-20 +40.jpg

-40+60
-40 +60's.jpg

-60's.jpg

Total from the 3 bags...
DirtHogg total.jpg

The weigh in....
DirtHogg weigh in.jpg

For $105 I wont complain :)

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember, the paydirt folks are in it to make money, not give away gold. You won't get the full price of the bag, ever. But it's a lot cheaper for the fun value than a flight to California or Alaska from the East Coast.

Relicgrubber

Silver Member
Nov 3, 2018
Deep East Texas
Detector(s) used
O.G. XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember, the paydirt folks are in it to make money, not give away gold. You won't get the full price of the bag, ever. But it's a lot cheaper for the fun value than a flight to California or Alaska from the East Coast.

I'm in for the hunt... Not to get rich or break even.

But I will say that I have had 4 instances where the ROI was well over 100% and the norm when researching sellers before I buy is 80% plus.

Last edited:

Sawyer

Jan 25, 2013
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a lot of video shorts on YouTube about paydirt. One guy(sorry can’t remember the name) really documents his results well. I think his highest return was about 90%.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Panning bags are fun to practice with BUT expensive to keep buying ! I did those before and thought & read that it's cheaper to just buy your gold from your friends or your club and mix your own panning cons. That way you can tailor them to fit the area your working !

Feb 16, 2020
Northern California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
6Ugnu8vpQXmJ7J3b8M7KrQ.jpg

My prospecting partner and I are in California and we stay at a mining camp, Roaring Camp Mining Company, in the foothills. They have cabins and a general store/saloon. We stayed for three nights last September just to get away. We love the place. Many of the visitors there have been coming every year for 20 years. You can use your own equipment, sluices, metal detectors, high bankersThe reason I'm posting here is because for the winter we joined their "dirt of the month" club. For $50 + shipping, they send a ten-twelve pound bag of paydirt. Like someone said, not in it to make the money, just for fun. We've got a recirculating sluice that we set up in my garage that makes it even more fun. We've done three bags with the fourth to do next week. We've keep the runs separate just to compare. I've attached a picture of the three vials. Haven't weighed it yet, but sure it's not paying for itself.

Happy Panning

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread