Has this been tried in the UK?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you have gold in your area, then you will likely find gold in the store sand. It varies here in the states because sand isnt something that gets shipped long distance. What we buy was quarried in the area. One are may have none, another may produce a surprising amount. If its coming from a known gold-mining area, then you can bet its processed before shipping.

OP
OP
V

vasquez109

Greenie
Jun 9, 2019
South Wales
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is gold 20/30 miles from here in an area called Brecon Beacons. There are some stone quarries nearby too but I dont know what they produce there. Everytime I drive the bus past the quarry I often wonder what comes out of there!!

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I heard it usually works around here because the sand comes from the Arkansas River in Colorado. I really doubt it would work in the UK. I did manage to visit a local gravel and sand mining operation next to the river. The were using a centrifugal machine to remove the gold from the sand. They had a quite a bit of fine gold.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you can determine that the sand was sourced from a glaciated area that is also known for gold then there is a chance you might find gold. That said and if you have use for some sand it won't hurt to try it even if it comes from sea sand. There is gold found on many western beaches both in North and South America.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can determine that the sand was sourced from a glaciated area that is also known for gold then there is a chance you might find gold. That said and if you have use for some sand it won't hurt to try it even if it comes from sea sand. There is gold found on many western beaches both in North and South America.

Good luck.

The OP is in England.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
OP
OP
V

vasquez109

Greenie
Jun 9, 2019
South Wales
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I honestly hope not!

Sea sand is salty and the last thing you want in concrete is salt

Greets

Namxat

Our sand is dredged as there are tiny bits of shell in it. After a google search, the dredgings are not far away from me in the estuary.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread