Best piece of gold yet, In my own neighborhood!

Shoesnsocks

Feb 22, 2020
Placer county, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This piece is probably quite small by some people's standards.

But for me it was pretty exciting, since I've really only found small flakes before.

This whole time I've been trying to plan out a lengthy trip, deep into the hills, when all I really needed to do, was just take a look at the creek that's less than 2 miles from my house.

Attachments

• IMG_20200330_201024.jpg
    IMG_20200330_201024.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 167
  • MVIMG_20200330_153253.jpg
    MVIMG_20200330_153253.jpg
    1,013.6 KB · Views: 175
Upvote 0

burlbark

Mar 5, 2011

But for me it was pretty exciting, since I've really only found small flakes before.

This whole time I've been trying to plan out a lengthy trip, deep into the hills, when all I really needed to do, was just take a look at the creek that's less than 2 miles from my house.

Not quite a banner find but awesome still the same.....:laughing7:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

2 miles from home.....I would be there every day :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
S

Shoesnsocks

Feb 22, 2020
Placer county, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, are you just panning ? do you have a sluice ?

I have just been panning. But I realized that it's time to start using a sluice in order to make all the smaller gold add up faster. I ordered a Super Mini Sluice from Keene and it's supposed to be delivered on Monday.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have just been panning. But I realized that it's time to start using a sluice in order to make all the smaller gold add up faster. I ordered a Super Mini Sluice from Keene and it's supposed to be delivered on Monday.

Yep starts with a pan, then sluice(s), then highbanker, maybe a trommel, then dredge.
Not to mention all the gadgets in between. Different pans, sluices, mats, riffles, etc. :tongue3:

Last edited:

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My best creek so far is just down the road. It’s crazy how one side (inside bend) has hardly anything then the outside of that same corner is loaded.... in comparison at least! Not really much to be found here in Ohio but I’m still looking to trip over a 60lbs nugget.

I'm guessing that the gold is eroding, kind of in situ, out of that outside bank and not being washed in by flood waters from upstream deposits. You might check the cutbank for gravel seams and sample pan them.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm guessing that the gold is eroding, kind of in situ, out of that outside bank and not being washed in by flood waters from upstream deposits. You might check the cutbank for gravel seams and sample pan them.

Good luck.

Yessir. That’s pretty likely. However it got there it’s goooooold!! Lol

Mar 23, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Are you sure it's definitely a piece of gold here? I hate to break it to you, but there are many other metals that are very similar visually to gold.

Last edited:

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you sure it's definitely a piece of gold here? I hate to break it to you, but there are many other metals that are very similar visually to gold.

Have you found gold before? What do you suspect it might be?

Pretty clear cut to me.

To the OP, remember gold has been getting deposited and re-deposited for millions of years. Inside bend one century...outside bend another...

Last edited:

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hahaha...in Placer County, CA...where is there NOT gold!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread