112 KB · Views: 4,178

OutBack Duo

Apr 21, 2005
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is quite unique, I am sure it has to be worth something. You might want to be careful scanning money, I think it is illegal.

OP
OP
P

Plugger

just noticed it as i was payin for gas.

S

southbound

I would definitly hang on to it!!!! I get star notes and two dollar bills here all the time but nothing like that! Vern 8)

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a definite keeper!Hold on to that sucker.Have an expert look at it.Maybe post it on a note collectors forum,see what they have to say.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
wow! ive never seen one like that. its got to be worth something.i would bring it to a currency and coin dealer just to get their take on it. great find!

WheatbackDigger

Jul 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Etrac
I doubt it to be counterfeit though, why go thru all that trouble and make a bill that "stands out" to the eye

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Coin's that escape the mint are worth more,why not currency....take it to a dealer and get it checked out.Nice find and HH!!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
U.S.currency is printed in 3 stages.The first being the back,it is allowed to dry.Then the front,same thing.Last but not least the last printing is the serial numbers and the treasury shield that are printed in an overprint press.Yours looks like it got offset in the last printing(ie-serial numbers and tresury shield).Definitely worth more than face value.How much? Who knows? I think i'd hold on to it for a while.It's not going to lose any value,being an error note and all.BTW-it doesn't look fake to me.I can clearly see a few of the security features on your bill.The watermarks and the strip are both visible.Be wary of dealers,ask what they would sell it for if it were thiers to sell.just because they deal doesn't mean they're word is gold.Definitely DO NOT SELL TO A DEALER!!!!

L

LCRR

I hate to say this but it looks like you found "funny money" as the olive branch in the offset bill is totally wrong for a twenty dollar bill. Compare a few more twenty dollar bills to it and you will notice a slight branch variation. I would take the proper action in reporting the bill and where you got it from. :'( :-\ :'(

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have it checked out to see if it is real. I must tell you though your out a $20. Sorry

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Plugger, Bills are printed in three stages like digg said. Hold the bill up to a light and look for a Andrew Jackson watermark. It will be the same face looking right in a watermark if its real. Counterfeiters often bleach out a $10 bill and print over it to make a Twenty. But it will have a $10 watermark face looking left of Hamilton's.
A misprinted $20 bill just sold at Orlando auction for $25,300. I have the Jan. 8 news arcticle but don't know how to scan. I will try.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never looked at the paper money for errors. But now I will! :D

Let us know what you find out!

;)

Southcacalaky

Silver Member
Oct 2, 2005
Summerville, South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tesoro "Eldorado", Whites "Beach Hunter ID",
There are numerous paper money errors, I'm sure any bank will be able to authenticate it for you as far as being counterfeit, Keep us posted, HH Art...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions