Double Stamped 10 Dollar Bill Question

nick.foltz

Dec 24, 2009
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Tesoro Cibola
I have a neighbor he is in his 80's. He was telling me that he would sell me a double stamped 10 dollar bill. When I asked him what was doubled he said Alexander Hamilton picture was. I'm not sure of the value, and haven't seen it yet. Would anyone give me a ball park value. He also said he would sell me some of his old coins. I don't want to low ball him I know more about coins than paper.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never heard of this type of error note. I'd have to see a photo.

Sorry but- icon_worthless.gif

Attachments

• icon_worthless.gif
    icon_worthless.gif
    41.6 KB · Views: 1,102
OP
OP
nick.foltz

nick.foltz

Dec 24, 2009
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Tesoro Cibola
Yeah I kinda figured that. I'll have to see if I can't borrow it to take a picture. He's pretty old and I'm not sure if he even knows what he's talking about. I couldn't find any information just using google so I thought I'd ask.

OP
OP
nick.foltz

nick.foltz

Dec 24, 2009
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Tesoro Cibola
Ok so I just got back from his house. He is gonna break out later on today and show me. He told me it was 20 years ago at a gas station. The lady behind him received the same 10 dollar bill consecutive serial number. The lady behind him took it to a coin shop in Franklin Indiana. He said that they only made a "block" of these. He couldn't remember what he offered her. I'm gonna take a picture of it. So watch out!

OP
OP
nick.foltz

nick.foltz

Dec 24, 2009
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Tesoro Cibola
Well I couldn't take a picture of it (dead battery). It wasn't what I thought. Its a 1993 10 dollar bill. It seams like to me that the ink bled through the portrait side(I'm confusing myself-the building on the obverse side bled through to the portrait side). Its a pretty impressive bleed through. I'm not sure how much they are worth. I'd just buy it to sell it for a profit if I could. Any thoughts?

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Nick:
You seem to be describing what is called an Offset Transfer ('back to face' in this case versus 'face to back'). If such is your bill, a complete and dark view of the back design on the note's face will increase its retail value by $150 to $200 in grades ranging from Very Fine to Uncirculated. Less than a bold transfer or bills in less than in very fine condition will, of course, bring less value.
Again, if we could see a pic of what you are describing, it will help a lot.
Don....

OP
OP
nick.foltz

nick.foltz

Dec 24, 2009
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Tesoro Cibola
I'm charging my batteries now. I will hopefully get a picture of it tomorrow. Its not in "awful" condition, its not the best either. I will stay posted.

PS he sold me 39 silver dimes for 10 bucks. I tried to offer him more and he wouldn't take it. hahaha I'm stoked over that one.

Attachments

• DSCN0379.JPG
    DSCN0379.JPG
    200.2 KB · Views: 1,327

gold eye

Jan 2, 2010
tampa fl
Detector(s) used
garret masterhunter 7x ace 250
Hi you got a great deal on the coins they are worth 10 to 11 times face i know how hard it is to tell them them that you want to pay more for them i have a lot of older people that i buy coins from and when i make them a offer they are surprised . keep up the hunt RON

Portcass

Nov 5, 2017
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: double stamped 10 dollar bill question

I have a double sided $10 bill i have submitted a pic. I am interested in how much it's worth. 20171105_143955.jpg

Last edited:

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Portcass,
Welcome to Treasure Net !!
Here's the response I made over 7 years ago on this same thread (Post #10); it still applies to your bill today.
"You seem to be describing what is called an Offset Transfer ('back to face' in this case versus 'face to back'). If such is your bill, a complete and dark view of the back design on the note's face will increase its retail value by $150 to $200 in grades ranging from Very Fine to Uncirculated. Less than a bold transfer or bills in less than in very fine condition will, of course, bring less value."
IMPORTANT: Heritage Auctions is having an auction the day after tomorrow (Nov. 7th) on the same bill as yours. You may wish to follow the live auction. (Auction 141745; Lot 813923)
https://currency.ha.com/c/search-re...$10+&limitTo=all&ic4=KeywordSearch-A-K-071316
On the page I referenced, scroll down to the Auction number and lot number of your bill, then click on the bill to see the image such as yours.

Don....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions