N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Minton:
Congrats !!!
You have one of the most valuable $100 star notes in the 1934 series (D-Chicago).
A couple of years ago the retail (Red Book) values were $1,500 (VF-20); $2,750 (EF-40) and $4,750 (Unc-63).
The red-inked (post-printing) initials may detract something from the bills value. NWS, you still have a winner !
Don.....

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Some thoughts:
Research then create a narrative of the bill's rarity and the meaning of a 'star' note.
Contact coin dealers in your area for their opinion of it's value. Ask what would they pay--without you committing.
Check for past Ebay sales' prices of this note. See what the current asking prices are.
Check with your library (or local coin store) for a current issue of the Red Book for an idea of recent valuation.
Formulate a price that you will sell the bill for if asked.
Don..

OP
OP
M

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
I am the coin place in the area LOL No one else within like 1 and a half hours... I would be happy with 500-600 if it is worth as much as it appears.... that seems a bargain yet makes me some good $$ too

OP
OP
M

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
coinshop says it has no premium.... I explained the rarity, red book values etc.. he says nope.... I may try the for sale section here then.. dont wanna do the ebay and paypal fees there

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread