20 SILVER CERTIFICATES!!!

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
today i was dumping some halves, and as i was cashing the receipt from the counter, i noticed some tellers huddled around starring at a silver certificate $1.00 bill...so, i casually walk up and asked the teller holding it if she was gonna keep it or recirculate it, and she was very excited to tell me that i could buy it if i wanted, because she was gonna recirc it, but they just all wanted to look at it because it was "different". this teller is also a coin collector/silver hoarder, so i was surprised she was willing to give it to me! awesome, a 1957A silver certificate@! my 1st ever silver cert from circ! ok, now the real kicker begins. i go to a bank that saves me all small head bills, or "funny money" that comes through, that i havent been to in a while. i approach the teller and ask if she has any of "the old style bills", she produces a huge stack of them, which i buy, then at the end of the transaction shes like "oh, do you want any of these? i doubt most of them re worth anything because theyre not crisp, but you can pick through and pick out the ones you'd like" and she lays a stack of 19 $1.00 bill silver certificates on the counter! of course i buy them all!!! so up until today i had 0 silver certs from circ, and today i got 20!!! i was floored!
series':
1 x 1935~
2 x 1935D
3 x 1935G
1 x 1935H
3 x 1957~
5 x 1957A
5 x 1957B

Keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

Attachments

• 0627012159.jpg
    0627012159.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 422

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Awesome finds, persistance pays off once again. That's how almost always come in. You'll get a person that deposits or spends a bunch at one time then they make their way to you.

lahmejoon

Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumleft:

I'm not going to start bill hunting, but I enjoy your posts in this forum.

brucebob

Jun 14, 2011
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Roughly how much is each one worth? There's this antique store in town that has 10 silver certificates for sale for $14.95.

OP
OP
CHAINCHOMP

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
brucebob said:
Roughly how much is each one worth? There's this antique store in town that has 10 silver certificates for sale for $14.95.

id get them if i were u, cuz theyre usually worth about $2.00 each...good luck! Keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

OP
OP
CHAINCHOMP

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
DrDetector said:
Awesome finds, persistance pays off once again. That's how almost always come in. You'll get a person that deposits or spends a bunch at one time then they make their way to you.

lahmejoon said:
:icon_thumleft:

I'm not going to start bill hunting, but I enjoy your posts in this forum.

thank you all for your congrats on my exciting find! hope you guys find the same plus more!!! Keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread