dollars.JPG
    215.1 KB · Views: 367

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Sequential Serial Numbers from Hot 'Lanta baby! Nice pick up there.

I have several sets like these from 1993-2001. They came in sets of four. I think the previous owner had ordered uncut sheets from the Bureau of Printing and Engraving and then sliced them up himself. I pulled one of every year out for my personal collection and am currently trying to sell the rest at my booth at the antique mall.

Sold 5 two dollar bills with sequential serial numbers from 1976 with bicentennial stamps and postmarked the first day of issue just yesterday. Got $40.00 for the set of 5.

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hombre_de_plata_flaco said:
Sequential Serial Numbers from Hot 'Lanta baby! Nice pick up there.

I have several sets like these from 1993-2001. They came in sets of four. I think the previous owner had ordered uncut sheets from the Bureau of Printing and Engraving and then sliced them up himself. I pulled one of every year out for my personal collection and am currently trying to sell the rest at my booth at the antique mall.

Sold 5 two dollar bills with sequential serial numbers from 1976 with bicentennial stamps and postmarked the first day of issue just yesterday. Got $40.00 for the set of 5.

wow they are worth more than face value?

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
chukers said:

I have been trying (without much luck) to sell mine for $1.99 a piece in crisp, uncirculated condition. I still think they are cool regardless of value and would stash them back if I were you.

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
chukers said:

I have been trying (without much luck) to sell mine for $1.99 a piece in crisp, uncirculated condition. I still think they are cool regardless of value and would stash them back if I were you.

I agree... I'm saving them...

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
chukers said:
chukers said:

I agree... I'm saving them...

Good deal. The old Whitman Modern US Currency guidebook from 1973 that I use for reference states the average lifespan of a $1.00 Federal Reserve Note is only 18 months. Banks send them back to the fed to be shredded after so long, so the fact you found some from Series 2006 in that good of condition is impressive IMHO.

I'm always on the lookout for the older $5, $10, $20, $50, & $100 FRN's with the small face/portrait like the $1.00 bill. They are surprisingly hard to find now in my area. It's the money I grew up with and the newer notes look like cheesy Monopoly Money to me. I collect "Modern" US notes from 1928 up until they started making our $$$ look stupid. I went into a bank the other day asking for some and the teller said "You mean the ones that look fake?" I was really taken aback by that comment as I think the same about the newer stuff.

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just putting it out there i did not say he had to spend them only if he wanted to. if you can save any bill(s) then do it. it is always will be your choice.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I collect sequential numbers and my best score was a bank strap of 50 red seal 1963 $2 bills. All sequential.
Bought at face value!

IM002572.JPG

Best,
Scott​

brucebob

Jun 14, 2011
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
I would keep them, I bet you will be glad to have them sometime in the future.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread