Easy Way To Score "Funny Money/Old Bills" (CRHing related)

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Easy Way To Score "Funny Money/Old Bills" (CRH'ing related)

Thought I would share a "dirty little secret" with you all that I have been using for a while. If anyone here collects the small head bills like I do, there is a very easy way of obtaining these types of notes. They may or may not do this at your particular bank, but I would be willing to bet they do. Using this method I have scored many old small head FRN's, Silver Certificates, and Red Seal Notes. I only have one Red Seal $100 in my collection, and it was obtained using this method.

It helps to have a friendly relationship with your tellers when you do this, but here is how it works.

Next time you are in your bank picking up a box of coins or buying halves, ask a teller to let you see their "Mutilated" bills. Each teller usually keeps an envelope of these in their particular drawer. The bank I frequent puts back ALL their "small head" $5.00, $10.00, $20.00, $50.00, and $100.00 notes into these "Mutilated Envelopes" to take them out of circulation and send to the Fed for shredding. It doesn't matter if they are ragged or crisp at this particular branch, all the "old money" gets put away for shredding. Just ask to buy them. It beats rummaging through stacks of bills looking for something unusual IMO.

Good luck and HH!

Hombre

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Easy Way To Score "Funny Money/Old Bills" (CRH'ing related)

hombre, Found a small head 100 34 series good shape and worth?

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
or if you have a friend that works in the bank it help to

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions