Old Military Paper Money

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Heres a one dollar Military dollar i have had for a while.Found it in a old letter.Anyone know what year it may be ?

AM1.jpg

AM2.jpg

OP
OP
Spitfire Reddie

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
I also have a dollar silver certificate if i can remember where i put it :-\

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Issued: 20 June 1951
Withdrawn: 25 May 1954
Printer: Forbes Lithograph
Numbering &
Separation: US Bureau of Engraving & Printing
Block: Regular: D-D
Replacements: D-
Used In: Austria, Belgium, England, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Japan
Korea, Morocco, Netherlands, Philippines, Ryukyus, Scotland, Trieste, Yugoslavia

Link: http://www.marville.org/misc/mamisc-1.html

OP
OP
Spitfire Reddie

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Thanks PBK !! ;D ;D i had a feeling you would be the first to reply ! ;D

snorton750

Jul 28, 2006
Auburn, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic ID
MPC's were still in use durring Viet Nam. The idea was to keep greenbacks out of the black market. However, it didn't always work as well as it was supposed to. On base you were paid in MPC's but they were only good on base, so what if you went off. You get the picture. You were supposed to exchange your MPC's for the local currency at the PX or Exchange, at a government set rate. When I was in the P.I. in 68 that rate was 6 Peso's to the dollar but you could get up to 10 off base. If you took a larger sum of dollars to the off base money changers, they would give you a higher rate. There was a fair profit to be made by cashing in the Pesos back on base. Anyway enough of shady dealing. Nice MPC, I like the colors, most were more like play money than real.. HH Stan...

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
FOR USE ONLY IN UNITED STATES ESTABLISHMENT'S....Schlitz,Black Label maybe!!......thank's for sharin Spitfire!!

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
mimimum value in any condition is face value. If they are in nice condition or replacement notes they can be worth a sizeable premium. There are several ads in each issue of numismatic News offering to buy them. good luck, siegfried schlagrule

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread