145.4 KB · Views: 1,014

Silverfinder99

Mar 23, 2012
Jacksonville AR
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No idea onthe value but I would guess its worth more than a hundred. I'm a former commercial printing press operator and it looks to me like the bill is part of the waste run meaning it was a bill that was attached to the stock (sheet of paper) that was ran through the press immediately after the press had been stopped for some reason, plate change, adjustment or some other issue. When the press is started back up it usually takes a few sheets to run through the get the ink/water mixture just right again before they start saving good copies again. Many times after the press has been stopped and restarted again there is still ink on the blanket (the canvas/rubber wrapped around the cylinder which transfers the image onto the paper) which has not been transferred yet and usually has to have several sheets of paper ran through until the press will start printing good clean images again. Long story short and quite obvious this bill should have never made it past the mints waste bin and should have been destroyed so your buddy probably has a pretty unique and rare find that if he takes his time and looks for the right buyer (if he wants to sell) he's liable to have a pretty nice payday.
Tell him to take it to Pawn Stars, maybe rick will offer him forty bucks for it. Lol

Last edited:

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
IMO it's an 'offset transfer' (Back to Face). A complete and dark view of the back image on the note's face will increase its retail value by $150 to $200 in grades ranging from VF to UNC. Yours, however, is not a complete and dark view of the back image on the front so a discount from the $150 to $200 premium has to be considered.
Don.......

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Mackaydon said:
IMO it's an 'offset transfer' (Back to Face). A complete and dark view of the back image on the note's face will increase its retail value by $150 to $200 in grades ranging from VF to UNC. Yours, however, is not a complete and dark view of the back image on the front so a discount from the $150 to $200 premium has to be considered.
Don.......

I get a lot of $2s that have this (but to much less of an extent).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread