12.4 KB · Views: 885

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Welcome to TresureNet Shelltox! That's a great bill. Sorry I know nothing of fold errors, but a quick check of past eBay sales would indicate its worth at least $25... and the ones listed weren't nearly as severe as yours. Nice find.

blurr

Jun 7, 2006
Minnesota
shelltox said:
My husband found this misprinted 1999 $1 bill in his store. So he bought it -- for $1, imagine that. Anyway, what do y'all think? Did he make a good deal?

That is such a severe error, so as to probably justify sending it off to get graded. The grading companies that grade coins also grade paper money. I would think that it would be worth it! Congratulations on the great find.

John

OP
OP
shelltox

shelltox

Mar 2, 2007
Katy, TX
blurr said:
shelltox said:
My husband found this misprinted 1999 $1 bill in his store. So he bought it -- for $1, imagine that. Anyway, what do y'all think? Did he make a good deal?

That is such a severe error, so as to probably justify sending it off to get graded. The grading companies that grade coins also grade paper money. I would think that it would be worth it! Congratulations on the great find.

John

Thanks for the tip, I'll do that. :)

jglunt

Feb 15, 2005
On the big Muskegon River in W. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My neighbor found one similar to yours and he contacted the mint or whoever prints the bucks and they were able (with the serial #) to give him the print date, it's location on the sheet and whether there were any other errors on the sheet. He now displays the bill and the letter from the gov. in a frame in his family room.

JG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread