MAJOR FIND....IN QUANTITY & QUALITY....WITH A STORY

bibitte2

Feb 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Girlz, Boys...
Some of you might have seen some of my other post. I talk about a crazy find a few weeks back. I was asked to empty a basement full of vintage items...

Some boxes had very old collectibles and old papers. In two boxes i got like 500 turn of the century stock certificates/Shares/Bonds/old checks.

I still have some boxes to open and this is the last one......As you will see in pictures, some are uncirculated & some are scecimen type never used, also a lot of nice signatures to verify....I founf a lot of Dupont autographs and Senator Timilty from Boston
I must have at least another 5 hundred in this box,,,,if i assume they are woth 10.00$ each....that's another nice find...

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be doing a LOT of research,,, this just MIGHT be a "retirement" find.

Takeovers,,,mergers,,buyouts and whatnot in the Wall Street world.

Even as ephemera those are going to bring a nice check.

Way to go !!

Hit

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Super nice find! Question, is there a possibility that some of the Shares and Bonds are still good and payable? Could be a much bigger payday than you thought!!

Frank

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Welcome to the world of scripophily, the study and collection of stock and bond certificates.
(Even 'spell check' has a problem with that one).
It's a specialized field of numismatics and there are many collectors and clubs for this material.
Good luck with your research.
Don..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions