MAJOR FIND....IN QUANTITY & QUALITY....WITH A STORY

bibitte2

Feb 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Girlz, Boys...
Some of you might have seen some of my other post. I talk about a crazy find a few weeks back. I was asked to empty a basement full of vintage items...

Some boxes had very old collectibles and old papers. In two boxes i got like 500 turn of the century stock certificates/Shares/Bonds/old checks.

I still have some boxes to open and this is the last one......As you will see in pictures, some are uncirculated & some are scecimen type never used, also a lot of nice signatures to verify....I founf a lot of Dupont autographs and Senator Timilty from Boston
I must have at least another 5 hundred in this box,,,,if i assume they are woth 10.00$ each....that's another nice find...

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be doing a LOT of research,,, this just MIGHT be a "retirement" find.

Takeovers,,,mergers,,buyouts and whatnot in the Wall Street world.

Even as ephemera those are going to bring a nice check.

Way to go !!

Hit

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Super nice find! Question, is there a possibility that some of the Shares and Bonds are still good and payable? Could be a much bigger payday than you thought!!

Frank

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Welcome to the world of scripophily, the study and collection of stock and bond certificates.
(Even 'spell check' has a problem with that one).
It's a specialized field of numismatics and there are many collectors and clubs for this material.
Good luck with your research.
Don..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread