Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't know, I do know there are no double star notes.
If they are replacing defective notes, maybe they are extra careful not to botch again and the scenario has never come up.

Jkmoneyman

Greenie
Sep 14, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Bureau Of Engraving and Printing only makes these " replacement sheets " or star note sheets , due to the need to reprint some sheets that have been printed with some error of some kind . I once also thought they replaced the first batch of sheets with the same serial numbers , but actually all of the original sheets , are all replaced with different serial numbers , as the original sheets are shredded . Although , there are actually some Federal Reserve Notes that do have the same serial numbers , only made by mistake by the BEP . So , I'm not actually sure what happens when a replacement sheet is printed with an errors , but I don't believe any notes of any kind ever have had 2 stars on a note .

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Staying on the same questioning. Is there ever a reprint series that has the STAR* in the beginning of the sequence? If so, is it called something different, and/or for something else? Tks. DozerD

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you find a star note at the beginning, I suggest you keep it and take very good care of it because it would either be a freakish error or a forgery

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread