Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow, that question is way above my security clearance. hope someone knows :dontknow:

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
giphy.gif

Don.....

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Reason I ask is that I want to double check all the $2 bills I have, that are sorted by district/year/serial #. So if they use the same 8-digit numerical, then I will sort by just the 8-digit only to see if I have any dups. It was just a question going out to the experts.

Unknown user

Tenderfoot
Jul 14, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it's possible. I've owned two $1 bills with the same serial number one from Richmond and one from New York if that was the question. If not, I have no idea.

Last edited:

Jkmoneyman

Greenie
Sep 14, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Dozer D , the answer to that is yes , for the most part . The BEP prints these notes which all start with 00000001 ( number 1 ) , and ending with a very high number depending on the year , series , districts and so forth . The only number you probably wouldn't be able to find would be the 00000002 , supposedly the BEP takes all these notes out and don't put them into circulation. Go to this web site and you will learn just about everything you could imagine about anything to do with US Currency . There is even a few instances that the BEP actually released the same exact note with the same serial numbers , district , series , which is actually the same note . This is very rare but it has happened , in the past . Here is that site - USPaperMoney.Info: Details of Serial Numbering .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions