Old 100's

jnicole

Tenderfoot
Mar 8, 2017
Wyoming
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just wondering if I could get some feedback on some old 100$ bills.
I have an old 100$ 1928A bill, as well as 4 1934 Plain 100's.
They seem to be in pretty nice condition, no folds, minor discoloration (a customer stated he found them in his wall when doing a reno).
Any info is appreciated, and thanks for your time!

- Sorry for the pictures, they were taken on my phone at work :P

1928A Face.jpg 1928A Reverse.jpg 1934 Face.jpg 1934 Reverse.jpg

KirkS

Jan 10, 2017
St Pete FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's TreasurePro, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher F2 + TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looking at ebay completeds, anywhere from $115 to $400, but it seems the average is somewhere around $150-$200. You do have (at least) 2 bills with consecutive numbers, which may carry a premium if sold together. If you could get more, I'd buy them all from the guy.

Good luck with them.

OP
OP
J

jnicole

Tenderfoot
Mar 8, 2017
Wyoming
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you KirkS! I appreciate that info, I hadn't even noticed the consecutive SN's. I will have to check out eBay. :)

OP
OP
J

jnicole

Tenderfoot
Mar 8, 2017
Wyoming
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And thank you also Don. I've been a lurker on other forums for awhile now, decided to finally make my presence known :headbang:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You gotta love them oldies.....I collect them and those will bring some dollars over the face. Welcome to the party. Thanks for sharing the pictures....I just got a 1969 hundred from the bank in decent condition. I ask for any old bills they have and once in awhile I hit good.

OP
OP
J

jnicole

Tenderfoot
Mar 8, 2017
Wyoming
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....I just got a 1969 hundred from the bank in decent condition. I ask for any old bills they have and once in awhile I hit good.
... Guess where I work? haha
But I'm a nice bank lady, if you came in, I don't poach (except in rare cases). I usually just set nice things aside so if anyone comes in, I may have a surprise for them. These, if I don't take, will end up going back to the fed though :(

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But I'm a nice bank lady, if you came in, I don't poach (except in rare cases). I usually just set nice things aside so if anyone comes in, I may have a surprise for them. These, if I don't take, will end up going back to the fed though :(

Then we would get along great because I got all my tellers saving for me.....unless its silver:dontknow: I think that is for themselves.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why not take them? You have nothing to lose.

OP
OP
J

jnicole

Tenderfoot
Mar 8, 2017
Wyoming
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why not take them? You have nothing to lose.

It was a lot of capital to spend all at once. Not that I couldn't, but I think that my husband would kill me haha. Also, the kid depositing ended up coming back for them, luckily they weren't gone.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
the one on the bottom looks to be of the lime green seal variety...and would fetch more if sold

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions