Mackaydon

DrCaufield

Jul 25, 2013
Can you please help and give me a rough value for this note. I appreciate your help

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1495801197.560910.jpg

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Doc,
As a guide (only), the Official Red Book (2016 edition) states the value in EF at $1,100; and in Unc. $2,250. Condition will determine the 'grade'. You bill has been folded in half (vertically) and there are 'crinkle' marks in the portrait area. Both bottom corners appear to have been folded at one time. There may be a small tear at the edge of the bill near the bottom left '500'. All these wil detract from the bills value (or, certainly, will be considered by someone wanting to buy the bill). Of course, the real value will be determined by what someone wil pay for the bill; and reviewing past Ebay sales (if any) of comparable bills will go far in determining the value of yours. I suggest you review Ebay and seek out "Completed Transactions" or some similar wording for a clearer understanding of the bill's value; disregarding the 'listing or asking' price for the bill. By the way, 214,800 of this variety were printed.
If your bill were a 'star' bill, the dollar amounts I mentioned above would change to $4,500 and $14,500.
Keep hunting,
Don........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread