bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have issues with the bill
wear, creases, wear along edges and so on
Big question, what is the fine printing along the top left side? micro printing or just a line
Doesn't seem like it belongs there.
You may have something based on that question, would love to know
Brady

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would buy it for $110 but that's just me. I like the older money compared to the new monopoly money.

Death&Taxes

Jan 2, 2017
Taxechusetts (It sucks)
Detector(s) used
The only two certainties in life are death and taxes.
Primary Interest:
Other
I would buy it for $110 but that's just me. I like the older money compared to the new monopoly money.

??????
1934s are Monopoly money. Morgenthau and FDR printed those things out by the billions, and they were not backed with gold. Money instantly lost a large fraction of its value. If you want non- "Monopoly Money," collect 28s instead. They were payable "IN GOLD ON DEMAND".

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Death&Taxes,
Key word in your post is WERE.
Originally, a U.S. Treasury gold certificate gave you the right to present the certificate to the Treasury and receive the face value in gold. A 1934 federal law ordered all of these certificates taken out of circulation; the law allows the certificates to be swapped for currency but prohibits the government from exchanging them for gold.
Don......

Death&Taxes

Jan 2, 2017
Taxechusetts (It sucks)
Detector(s) used
The only two certainties in life are death and taxes.
Primary Interest:
Other
Death&Taxes,
Key word in your post is WERE.
Originally, a U.S. Treasury gold certificate gave you the right to present the certificate to the Treasury and receive the face value in gold. A 1934 federal law ordered all of these certificates taken out of circulation; the law allows the certificates to be swapped for currency but prohibits the government from exchanging them for gold.
Don......

They still are much scarcer and more valuable than 1934s. And I like them because they remind me of one of the greatest promises to the people that our government ever broke.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread