TWO Dollar bills

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
My stack of $2.00 bills is starting to outgrow its purpose, and I plan to dump them in the wild. Just need to know if there is any market for those that are highly circulated? I do have several that are NEW and in s/n sequence.
Before I do dump them, I plan to record their s/n#'s and eventually see if and when I ever get them back, as another game to play within the hobby.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Dozer,
Recent $2 bills are common and command no premium. Certain exceptions exist; primarily with STAR bills.
If you choose to cull out your STAR bills and post their Series numbers and Issuing bank, I can give you a general idea of their relative value compared to non-star bills from the same bank and series.
Don...

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Don: with the general appearance of most of the bills, I would think that they are worth only $2.00 FV. I plan on keeping those that are grouped in s/n sequence or in terrific new shape. As always from me to you a personal thank you.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Unless you have an interesting serial # or a star, go ahead and spend em.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will meet all kinds when you start spending them. Some people will think they are fake and others will think they are worth more than they are. In general it's a positive reaction when you spend them. I used to ask for them sometimes at the bank, it's been a while though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread