Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Where to turn for more info about this note. I know it's not pristine and probably not worth much, but it's the oldest star note I've found so far. 5 016.JPG 5 017.JPG

Sorry about the shadows. I was trying to get details but the light just didn't work.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
go to mycurrencycollection.com and you can look it up. I collect these stars for fun and I like that lower serial number. Congrats on the find

OP
OP
Greastart

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
go to mycurrencycollection.com and you can look it up.

Kid, thanks for the response. Earliest bill I find here is the 1976 $2. Am I missing a link? I believe I've seen a site somewhere that detailed earlier star notes.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about just getting back to you. I used that site years ago when I got interested in notes. There is an area where you can send him your questions and he has reference material but I have since bought my own. I use the United States guide to paper money. I don't have it here in front of me but it should be easy to find. I didn't even think to look at the site to see how far back it went so again I apologize for not following through.

OP
OP
Greastart

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry about just getting back to you. I used that site years ago when I got interested in notes. There is an area where you can send him your questions and he has reference material but I have since bought my own. I use the United States guide to paper money. I don't have it here in front of me but it should be easy to find. I didn't even think to look at the site to see how far back it went so again I apologize for not following through.

No need for apology. I'm going to get that book and another that both Port Ewan Ace and Mackaydon have recommended. Good group of folks around here. Most seem willing to teach a person if they're willing to learn.

Grease

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread