OP
OP
acedigger

acedigger

Aug 20, 2007
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, Ace 250
Still haven't found much about it so it was suggested that I try a paper money website. I have posted this thread on there so hopefully I can get an answer. Thanks for the help.

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Chances are very high that the note is a real FRN but the seal was dyed that color. Lots of people dye the seals on notes to make them fancier then sell them for a profit as a collector's item. I'd say this note was maybe somebody's 'test' bill to see how it turned out. Some chemicals alter the color of the seal only and that's how it gets that way. It's not a BEP printing error and it's not worth anything over face.

Mar 9, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one too!

call your local secret service office and ask them...they can tell you.

Sorry I've never done one of these forums before.

I have been searching for information on this bill for almost 20 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:hello2::hello2::hello2::hello2::hello2::hello2::hello2::hello2::hello2::hello2:

So for those who haven't seen one, it's not a 'blue' seal like a silver certificate. The colour is a teal blue.

I have a 2003 series five dollar federal reserve note with a teal-blue seal and teal blue serial numbers. The only difference is that mine is a star note.
If others exist in blue, in normal sheets, then it is curious that the mint would reprint errors under star notes. Especially given that no one knows these things exist. The plot thickens.

Most dealers say they are fake or that they are artificially coloured post production. But the currency composition is correct. The ink is crisp under a microscope. The UV tests, micro printing and water-mark are all genuine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread