glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello I have a $1.00 bill series 1999 that looks fine on the front and the back is misprinted .Is it real or not .How to find out. Here are some pictures 003.JPG 002.JPG

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is very cool and a valuable error. The front side does not look normal to me at all. The seal in the one is low and left Compare it to a good dollar you will see. Your pics are terrible but you can still see the misalignment of the seal.

OP
OP
G

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all you are right about the pics being terrible . I need to get a better camera . Hope to do that sooner than later . I never studied the front before but you are right about that also . I have no idea about the value but it is probably a once in a life time occurrence to get as random change when making a purchase at a hardware store . Thanks for pointing out the differences on the front

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
First of all you are right about the pics being terrible . I need to get a better camera . Hope to do that sooner than later . I never studied the front before but you are right about that also . I have no idea about the value but it is probably a once in a life time occurrence to get as random change when making a purchase at a hardware store . Thanks for pointing out the differences on the front

Trying holding a lens of a Gem Loupe or Magnifying Glass up to the Camera's lens to get better in-focus and closeup pics.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW- The front looks fine. I see no evidence of any misalignment of the seal when comparing it to any one of the dollars in my pocket. To the contrary.

OP
OP
G

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked at the condition more closely .It has a fold mark in the middle and the lower right corner has a slight bend to it when laying flat .Other that that it is in better than average condition. I am not an expert of course but it is in much better condition than most money that I handle .I will try again tomorrow to get a few better pictures. Diggummup thanks for the info about the terminology of the error and also the advice about getting it graded . Huntsman I will see if I can get a better picture using your suggestions . I sure am glad I found this website about a year ago.

OP
OP
G

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is my latest attempt at pictures that show condition of the $1.00 bill I have with the type II inverted error. Still not great but better than the other pictures I included in the first post. Thanks 004.JPG 002.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions